Togetherness on the Wheel of Life

Togetherness on the Wheel of Life

A Story by abejoyal

 First, he was a tiger and she was a tiger. And they were in love, hunting together always, fending for themselves, their cubs and most of all each other. They were very happy and lived to long old ages, until they died protecting their cubs from hunters. Together, they were the victorious dead.

And then he was a whale and she was a barnacle. She was happy to live on his back as they swam together in the great blue oceans. He jumped and splashed, and she loved him for he was her home and her livelihood. And he loved her for she was part of him and loved her as much as his fin or his teeth. They belonged to each other and died together when they fed many poor whalers families.

And then he was a virus and he infected her as a horse, and though he hurt her and made her sick for some time, he protected her from a great plagued that nearly robbed all of the horses of their lives. He was happy to exist as a result of her and she was glad to be safe from his cousins, who wished to kill her and all of her sisters.

And then she was a dragon fly and he was a lily pad. He was where she sat for the happiest instant of her life. She sat down on his flower and laid and rested on the most beautiful day either of them had ever known. He was happy to have him there and glad that he could have done anything to make a being as beautiful as that day happy.

And then they were trees that stood side by side, a birch and a pine. He kept her white bark warm through the mountainous winter and they stood together on top of a mountain, where every night they were able to see the sun sink below the horizon and cast its rays and shadows over all of Appalachia.

And then she was young and giggled with joy as she saw him as a mouse at the pet store. She already had many mice, but he was her favorite. He loved to be held and when all of the other mice were running on the wheel he simply held on and went for the ride, not for his own enjoyment, but instead hers. She loved him dearly, especially the black dot on his head and she cared for him perfectly for the entirety of his life.

And then she was a cow. And she lived far away from him as he was a city dog, a golden retriever. However, she made milk that went into a cake that was baked by his owners. He stole a piece of that cake, and it was the happiest day of his life and she was glad to have made him happy, and once again, though through a long distance, they were very happy together.

And then they were stars that revolved around each other on the far end of the galaxy, where they provided warmth to a tiny planet, with microbes on it. And they were happy, for their joint effort pleased each other more so in the fact that they did it together than the actual act itself.

And then they were beautiful people and they knew each other from a very young age and they were in love for the whole of their lives. And while it is human to err, it seemed that they were flawless together, making the other perfect and happy until they died together, old and with many grandchildren.

And then they were two humming birds, and for the longest time they never knew each other. They wandered and wondered, incomplete and alone until one day they were flying and they saw each other. And once again they were happy.

And they were enlightened.

© 2008 abejoyal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one's got a lot to it. A lot of insight. GOOD STUFF!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


loved this =]

Posted 15 Years Ago


That was absolutely beautiful.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 30, 2008

Author

abejoyal
abejoyal

everywhere i am



About
I'm unpublished and stereotypical, hoping to one day become a novelist. I'm currently nearly finished with a novel, which hopefully I'll be able to get published. I've been reading my entire life and .. more..

Writing
Anatomica Anatomica

A Story by abejoyal