My First Day

My First Day

A Story by abparker

The day had finally arrived!! I was so ecstatic I could barely contain myself! I had just graduated college and it was the first day of my first real world job! I was going to be off my parents tab, finally. I could spend my money on whatever I wanted; maybe I will buy a Hummer that would be cool. Or maybe a boat! Or maybe I will wait till I get my first paycheck.

 

So I arrived at the office 2 hours early, gosh I was excited! Even the hairs on my arms were doing the tango. I knocked on the door, no answer, I waited, knocked again, no answer. I thought, Ok it’s your first day, you did get here 2 hours early, who does that? Oh well, maybe another 15 minutes someone will be here. I paced impatiently in front of the door. Just waiting, I decided to calm myself down and take a seat on the floor and practice my breathing. Deep breath in, deep breathe out, in… and out… OK, seriously where is everyone? My anxiety level was probably past the red into the purple, how am I still alive? Oh my gosh, foot steps! I jump up, plaster a huge smile on my face, and wipe my sweaty palms off, getting ready for my first official handshake. This is so exciting! Here they come; they probably have some sort of parade for me, with streamers and balloons. I really hope they have some coffee too, mine is getting cold…

 

I see something start to appear around the corner, a big yellow bin rolling towards me. Ah man, It was just the janitor. I let a huge gasp of air out, I must have been holding my breath for some time now, my face must be beat red. The janitor rolls up to me with a strange look on his face. We have a brief conversation, he then continues on with his business. He gets halfway down the hall and asks me what I am doing? I get really excited again, and say well, today is my first day! He gives me a strange look and says, on a Sunday?

© 2008 abparker


Author's Note

abparker
Any and all critiques are welcome!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hhahaha way tooooo short other then that.......... i thought it was a really good twist at the end.....................

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 13, 2008
Last Updated on October 14, 2008

Author

abparker
abparker

San Antonio, TX



About
I think I should maybe explain my style of writing... which to even do that, I am not sure, because I just started writing 3 weeks ago...... I can say if you knew me, you might understand.... I have a.. more..

Writing
The Pond The Pond

A Story by abparker


Moving Day Moving Day

A Story by abparker


The Breaker The Breaker

A Story by abparker