Try to Comprehend That Which You'll Never Be

Try to Comprehend That Which You'll Never Be

A Poem by otter

"the cracks appear in the plans, once thought to be worth...worth"*pause* the writer scratches his head, trying to think about his next line. "what can i say to interest my audience? what will keep them coming back for more?" his mind draws a blank. and then, and then..still nothing. his mind is overwhelmed by thoughts. friends fighting, mary jane is missing, empty purses, empty bank accounts. "where's the next rent payment coming from? huh? have you thought about that?!"...he feels bad for yelling but cant lower his voice. silence. silence. and now the silence is broken by a sigh. all this writer does is lie. not to you, but to himself. he cant help it, the world is too big out there. he doesnt try because rejection's sting is too painful. but life itself comes from pain! "why cant i...why cant i..." the writer is fumbling, hoping that if he keeps on going he will have an epiphany. but no...he is not that lucky. the answer isnt in books, or movies, or songs, or friends, or drugs, or you. the answer is in....

© 2008 otter


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on August 7, 2008

Author

otter
otter

Carrollton, GA



About
Hi. My name is Sean. Read and criticize me. more..

Writing
Go! Go!

A Poem by otter


Just Wait Just Wait

A Poem by otter


Kissing Ghouls Kissing Ghouls

A Poem by otter