Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A Werewolf's Cry

A Werewolf's Cry

A Chapter by Adeline E. Weathers
"

A wolf has yet to know herself that she is indeed one but with a split subconscious; a part of her rejects and the other accepts.

"

__________

R  e  c  k  l  e  s  s

____________

   She slumped her aching legs forward, she was heaving;  exhausted as she try to steady them, clearly seen that it had been hours since she went on and hasn't rested once. She looked around, few trees sway with the cold winter air, striking against her dirtied form making her shiver.

   The jacket was the only protector of her sensitive skin from the cold breeze as she held it tighter from the coldness, embracing it like her little life depends upon it which in some way, it did. Besides the horrid stench of her and her jacket and the nightmares she had been having, she had some kind of safety for it was her mother's.

   A small cloud of smoke appeared as a sigh escape her dry scrapped lips, moving forward she started walking towards a direction and caught a sight of a bench nearby.

Finally. She thought.

   Perking up her ears at the uncomfortable yet relieved, her shoulders sagged and couldn't help the feeling of sensation of finally having to rest her sore limbs.

   She would finally take a break from the long walk, then quickened her pace, ready to flop down.

   Anything would be comfortable to sit on for her as long as it provided her rest and something to sit on within her distant adventure.

   •   •   •

   I looked down grimacing at the sight of my wrist with small cuts and dried blood. Unfortunately, that quicken body healing�" regeneration isn't coming up. I wonder if I have just imagined it from haven't been sleeping for a while or was it a dream when I passed out from being knocked on that embarrassing tree branch.

Or was it hunger.

I feel like s**t.

And definitely smell one too. Says a voice from somewhere.

And I'm not proud of it. I huffed then blinked.

What was that?

What was what? asked the unusual voice.

I narrowed my eyes then looked around seeing no one.

'I swear I heard someone.' I mumbled.

Must be going crazy.

Yeah crazy.

I jumped startled, uh what?

   I look around seeing no one again, then lowered down to see if someone was playing a prank underneath the bench but found none. My brows furrowed. 'I could have sworn.. ah never mind.'

Why did I get a dumb human? the snarly voice said followed by a sigh.

I glared at no one. Am I hearing things?

   If no one else was hearing things or if anyone was hereI would've been spotted as someone who had just escaped a mental hospital.

   Letting out a frustrated sigh, I leaned my aching back to the hard wood of the bench and winced before relaxing onto it.

I sighed again.

Why did I run again?

And why am I even being chased?

Because you've runaway and now you're a rogue. Says the voice.

'Rogue..?' where have I heard that before.

'Ok who are you?' my eyes narrowing.

Your wolf.

'My what?'

Woof.

   Sequencing events filled my eyes. From waking up with the stench of blood and why I woke up like that, to the murderous look on my face with darkened eyes as I look at the bathroom mirror with no control of my body, making anger rise up from the pits of my stomach as my eyes widen.

'Oh it's you!' I glared at no one.

'It's your fault!!'

I know. I know. I'm sorry.

I could feel some emotion, guilt through my body.

I could feel her emotions, why?

Because I'm a part of you dummy.

'No, I don't wanna be a monster!'

A sudden arrow of sorrow hit me with a pang of disappointment.

And was gone as soon as it came.

'Hello?'

Silence.

'Are you there?'

Silence again. I slumped my shoulders feeling a bit of grief and relief.

Maybe I was harsh, and shouldn't have probably said that.

   Now I have no money, no family and now the voice was gone too, and I feel a part of me broke like I was torn in half.

Is it weird I might have felt lit up when I heard her voice and mad at the same time?

I sighed.

Now I'm lonely once again.

I shook my head remembering my earlier thoughts.

When will this end?

I know someday I'll get out of here.. Eventually.

Again, why did I run away? Now reality hits me and its f*****g a b***h slap.

But no, I won't let anyone control me again and make me feel like a caged animal.

   I'll have to get a job tomorrow if anyone would even accept someone like me. I shook those negative thoughts.

The glint of hope in my eyes shined and I don't want to lose them.

A sudden sharp pain shot out through my body as my stomach grumbled.

I winced, letting out another sigh.

I haven't eaten for days. I really have to get a job.

   Looking down at my ragged boots covered with leaves and dirt. I pulled my legs up and shivered again as the cold breeze had finally gotten through the rough barrier of clothes to my skin.

   I lied down the hard wooden bench and closed my eyes, the exhaustion settling in and making my movements heavy, slowly and drowsily.

I let the darkness consume me.

Why do I have a bad feeling about the next day?



© 2021 Adeline E. Weathers


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on November 6, 2021
Last Updated on November 6, 2021
Tags: Werewolf, Fiction, Mate, Alpha, Romance, Sad, Teen & Young Adult, Chick-lit, Fluff, Erotica


Author

Adeline E. Weathers
Adeline E. Weathers

About
> a queer ace asian kid disappointing in all forms. If you come across my profile, thank you and hope you have a pleasant day!! >I like cats and coffee:v >Writes at her own pace, on a random ba.. more..

Writing