The Sliver of Silver

The Sliver of Silver

A Story by Achala
"

What we forget is that the Moon lights up the world during the darkest of times when no other soul dares to risk it..not even the Sun!

"
I strolled along the precipice, the smooth cliff beneath my feet, constantly peering down into the stygian depths where the water mirrored an untouched sky�"just an abyss of blackness, seemingly oblivious to the world's spectrum of emotions. The obsidian sky bereft of stars, left the world below in profound solitude and darkness. As I trod along the rocky edge, my thoughts yet untouched by the emotionless features surrounding me, the waves of the dark sea crashed against the cliffs, their rhythmic cadence offering solace to any soul daring to traverse the desolation of that aloof night...

Twice i journeyed the length of the cliff, shadowed musings slowly weaving into my thoughts, for, the world remained oblivious to the sole purpose of my presence there..I was drawn to the cliffs so as to bask in nature's unwavering love but now, even its love seemed to face away from whoever wanted it...

Seated on the edge , legs dangling off the cliffs, I gazed at the oppressive clouds, obscuring the only source of light, protecting its radiance from the world's pervasive darkness..

Gradually, as if awakening to the world's yearning for light, the somber clouds began to part, revealing glimmers of radiance, bit by bit. With childlike exuberance, I traced the unhurried dance of the clouds, each unveiling bringing a sense of hope and anticipation to the once-shrouded night.

A sliver of silver bestowed its light, illuminating a fragment of the sky. It felt as if this celestial companion of the earth engaged in a whimsical, almost sadistic, game with the world. Yet, as the cosmic play unfolded, the silver sliver transformed into a celestial figure, radiating warmth and beauty into the once-empty sky�"a stroke of white on a black canvas. That night, it became a perfect sphere, casting its gentle glow upon the world, and with its appearance, the relentless gale of winds subsided. The rush of water against the cliff transformed into a soothing lullaby, rendering the once-indifferent sky and the previously stygian waters now reflecting newfound luminosity.

In that tranquil radiance offered by the moon, the world and my soul found a solace that whispered of hope, as if the universe itself had woven a tapestry of serenity across the once tumultuous night.

~ Achala.K

© 2023 Achala


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on November 28, 2023
Last Updated on November 28, 2023
Tags: Nature, affection, gratitude

Author

Achala
Achala

Banglore, India



About
I'm a 15 year old girl from India who adores reading and got into writing only recently...I'm just looking for people who can comment on my stories and provide suggestions to improve it.. more..

Writing