Take a Look through my Kaleidoscope

Take a Look through my Kaleidoscope

A Poem by aChickWhoWrites
"

Seeing the world in red, blue and streaks of gold.

"
Give me a chance to heal your scars and share a secret with your grace. Let me show you the world through my kaleidoscope.

Maybe it’ll appeal to you, wipe the perspiration on your upper brow and the splatters of sadness on your cheek.

Because I swear to you, it’s not that bad. Some corners need repair, many hearts some glue, but the world isn’t a canopy of black and blue.

It’s red, it’s green, with streaks of gold. Take a look through my kaleidoscope and tell me what you see. Don’t be restricted by the horizon, look above the crown of trees.

Marvel at the mesh of colors that is the sky at dusk, untainted by man’s caress because it’s the only thing we can’t touch.

You can borrow my kaleidoscope, but always tell me what you see, for I’ve lived a thousand lives but it never fails to surprise me.

Trace the silver silhouettes of the clouds as they whisper their farewells for the night. They’re not going anywhere but the blanket of darkness will fool you into believing they’ve ceased to exist.

That’s the secret of life, for all we believe to have perished still persists. All we’ve lost are torches burning along the journey we must embark on.

Keep my kaleidoscope; I hope it always helps you see. I’m giving it to you because someone precious gave it to me. It’s okay, I have another one, inbuilt between my eyes. It rattles to remind my heartbeat of compromise.

Show others how to use it, let them take a peek. If enough of us have these kaleidoscopes, can you imagine all we can be?

Don’t lose this kaleidoscope and the message it sends. Steal a glimpse whenever the world seems like it’s coming to an end.

And never, I beg, hold back on sharing it with a friend.

© 2013 aChickWhoWrites


Author's Note

aChickWhoWrites
I would love any sort of feedback!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on October 10, 2013
Last Updated on October 10, 2013
Tags: fanfiction, fiction, inspiration, love, lyrics, motivation, poem, poet, poetry, read, reader, song, story, write, writer, writers, writing

Author

aChickWhoWrites
aChickWhoWrites

Starlight City



About
In a world where everyone's the same, can I be different? Why should I fit in when I can stand out? If people were rain, you'd be a drizzle and I'd be a Hurricane. Current location: where the.. more..

Writing