The True Power

The True Power

A Story by acidmonkey
"

A boy who leaves it all to find a future much better than the one that tortured him. He soon finds out that he must fight his past to get a better future.... This is the prologue

"

Prologue



The darkness surrounds me in this sick outrageous slumber. It pulls me closer to death but I fight it knowing I must stay alive but why? I truthfully don’t know my foster family they are all dead, dead to me. Except my parents who left me when I was a toddler. I did not even know their faces but I know there is nothing after this world just darkness almost like the darkness I’m in now, a darkness filled with nothingness. Where I’m just lying in a black void of space and time built for the dead where nothing moves. I know that is kind of sickening to say but I have grown up in a foster care system of beatings, drugs, alcohol, and carelessness How could I  know this god the people speak about on the streets when not one of “his people” show his love.

The sickness bestowed upon me is one of heartbreak a pain I have not felt since I was eight a time I felt loved yet that foster home was just like the rest. This time it was different it was with a girl, a girl named Adira an angel in my eyes. She strengthened me, giving me warmth throughout my heart that I'venever felt before. Yet the pain grew and grew after the new guy moved to the school. He was the strike of fire in my eyes that burned every time he passed her because I knew she felt something for him. This something was something she never felt for me. She lit up when she saw him, I could see that but why did she stop feeling anything for me. So I now knew I couldn’t do anything about it anymore she was gone from my heart and I from hers because of this I decided to run from the little town of Glenwood Springs. There was nothing here for me anymore.

© 2014 acidmonkey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i hope things aren't really like this.. like seriously, if you are brave, and strong enough to go thru that, then you are strong enough to face anything. i love the way you clarify emotion and experiences, especially in this piece. your are an amazing writer!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

acidmonkey

9 Years Ago

its a story i have. it is completed and everything but i just want people to read this part and tell.. read more



Reviews

i hope things aren't really like this.. like seriously, if you are brave, and strong enough to go thru that, then you are strong enough to face anything. i love the way you clarify emotion and experiences, especially in this piece. your are an amazing writer!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

acidmonkey

9 Years Ago

its a story i have. it is completed and everything but i just want people to read this part and tell.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2014
Last Updated on May 1, 2014

Author

acidmonkey
acidmonkey

About
I am 16. write poetry and stories. I love rock music, reading, writing stories, and poetry. more..

Writing
cloak cloak

A Poem by acidmonkey