Excerpt

Excerpt

A Chapter by A.C. Lei

  

“I’ve never really believed in fate or how I came to despise the gods who wove its very threads.  Where the very constancy of the world shook at their whims and leaves the lowly mortals such as me to perish. To perish that is to see but can never touch. To behold the thing that you wanted the most and watch it idly until it would be taken away by the very fate that separated the courses of your destiny. To be constrained by the very thoughts that mortal men had conspired for normalcy. The normalcy that the world had foolishly believed in. That was the truth I used to believe in - until her.  But now, to lose that person, it is no truth at all. So, how could a person let go of the very person that he could ever love for all his lifetime? Stand by there and be with her and yet never completely? How far would one go to any lengths to be with the one they love? To curse fate?  To defy God? To make his own destiny if it means keeping the one he loves - even if she is my sister   …”

 

There are people who find love, show love and share love with the person they love the most - even if it’s such a thing as sibling love.

And then there was us. Siblings. Brothers and sister.  We lived and breathed in the same house and yet the walls can never truly keep the wayward whispers of love that crosses within us. In one year, I’ve never thought my heart could beat so much love and ache nor my life would be normal again by the very things that made us - siblings - complex.

 

Can love ever be enough to withhold the unmentionable that’s bound to happen?

 



© 2015 A.C. Lei


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on April 8, 2015
Tags: brothers, sister, knights, maiden, romance, complex


Author

A.C. Lei
A.C. Lei

Philippines



About
"I'm a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, hidden by a riddle and guarded by a sphinx." I find inspiration in the darkness, in the hallowed pits of grey and the abysmal smoke of nothingness. Basically, .. more..

Writing
Glass World Glass World

A Chapter by A.C. Lei