Of Mice, Men And Blood

Of Mice, Men And Blood

A Poem by ACOUSTICSHOE

The small man suffers the indignities of childhood. And is made to walk under ladders caught by the blind of darkness in the cat~tormented night.
He is terrified by mice and sickened by blood.
Wolf~fanged horses chase after him along the road. and the tight ropethat he walks will always sag when he reaches the center. and his soft leg will be pierced by the pine needles of the magic wood.
And yet in the middle of the formal garden, he finds time to play. and he is master of the sharp wasp
whose burden of pollen fertilizes the tall elaborate grasses.
In the enchanted ponds are luminous fishes and paper boats with cargoes of his wishes.

© 2008 ACOUSTICSHOE


Author's Note

ACOUSTICSHOE
This was published in a Welsh magazine..I can never decide on the title. I change it everytime I submit it..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Delightful! Shades of Apollinaire!

Your scintillant surreality is as nimble as hopping on stones in the stream.

I love the sure feel of inevitability with each shift of image.

In some strange way, it reads like a condensed universal bio of active imagination itself.

I love and could live inside this poem!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 25, 2008

Author

ACOUSTICSHOE
ACOUSTICSHOE

WALES, United Kingdom



About
I have been a writer all of my life and probably in other lives as well. I'm not sure how it began, I honestly think I was born this way as I think every writer is. Just born that way. You cannot lear.. more..

Writing