You don't Know me

You don't Know me

A Poem by ACOUSTICSHOE

Whenever I say things like "poetry is a deadly weapon"  People get nervous. I cant really blame them.
There are very few people who "Know" me.  And they know who they are.
The line I walk between image and fact is a thin one, indeed~
I have fought my share of battles where the only blood that was spilled was inside of my head. I dont write to warm the cockles of of peoples' hearts and I dont appreciate poets that do. I hate it. I find it obsequious.
We are already entertained, to death. And when I say "Poetry is a war" People look at me carefully and measure the whites of my eyes,  against the blue of my nerves and sigh... Hopefully poised for an ironic top-spin. I stare back at them blank eyed. Just because I'm crazy doesnt mean I dont make sense. If I sometimes tilt at windmills head first, it is probably because I need a new head.
People are always too busy with themselves to get to know me. They think they know me on what experiences "they" have had with me, or things they have expected from me or expected me to be a certain operative for them in their lives. So they have pretty much "made me up" in their heads, by-passing me altogether and I have to deal with their disappointment in me~ Hmmmmmm....
"I'm busy"
"I want to eat here"
or
"It sounds good on paper, whats in it for me?"
"Nothing" I reply
Nothing at all...
Except a chance to drink fire from a glass and spit it back in some a******s face.
Nothing but a license to chase the devil around the block with a big blue sword that is sharper than his horns.
Nothing I can't run down in a heartbeat or prove with math. The world can eat itself alive for another 1000 years for all I care. I was never good at abstract compassion and I think people should appreciate God more.
I just want a moment of truth so vast that all of the lights on the planet dim for a second~
we are all here at ground zero, and I say take an emotion, file it to a point with everything you have and have not, shoot it through the laser that beats into your bones, turn the sound up and maybe
you too
can breathe
one
free
breath.....

© 2010 ACOUSTICSHOE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on December 13, 2008
Last Updated on September 5, 2010

Author

ACOUSTICSHOE
ACOUSTICSHOE

WALES, United Kingdom



About
I have been a writer all of my life and probably in other lives as well. I'm not sure how it began, I honestly think I was born this way as I think every writer is. Just born that way. You cannot lear.. more..

Writing