THE EVALUATION

THE EVALUATION

A Chapter by saint22
"

Morris, had everything but love. the only girl he ever loved died and her memories hunted him until he met Sophia his father's friends daughter, who was determined to tame him.

"
Morris was visiting his therapist at Harbor medical center for his monthly psychiatric evaluation. he lay on his back on a sofa in a spacious office with beautiful Italian marble floor. He was wearing his favorite Gucci black suit a symbol of what he was missing. A urinary calendar hung on the wall of the office beside the portrait of the president of the country. Dr. Anna Moss a beautiful ebony lady sat on a single leather settee opposite him putting up a smile that made her patient trust and confide in her with issues revolving around their lives. she had a medical file carefully kept on her lap. Dressed in a blue skirt suit with a gold clip holding her woven hair, she reminded him of his favorite actress. Morris stole a quick glance at the file on her lap, caressing the diamond necklace around his neck. The necklace was a gift from Vivian, the reason for his therapy.
"I don't sleep at night' Morris began in a sad tone, recollecting the events that led to his session with Dr. Anna. how could he ever forget. His was pounding to the tick tuck of the sound of the clock on the wall. "Every time I close my eyes, I see her face, I hear her voice singing a melody that won't let broken heart mend. doctor, I know I am not crazy, but my past has become my worst nightmare"
"These dreams, what do you think they represent"
"I don't now, but my heart aches every time I think about her. it hurts so much that I am vexed with death. It should have taken me instead of her" choking in his lamentation avoiding the look on Dr. Anna face.
"Maybe you should stop thinking about her that much and concentrate on living life, because where ever she is, she would want you to be happy"
"Even if I try, I know I can't" Morris said in a tone of defeat "Sometimes, there are memories you don't let go, even if it is killing soul, you still find away to hold on to it, for that is the memory you play back of what should have been"
"Kind of been stuck between the present and the past" said Dr. Anna calmly
"Something like that" Replied Morris placing a finger across his lips
Dr. Anna carefully examined his words, jotting down her observation, looking into his deep blue eyes covered in the shade of a thick dark eyebrow.
"Morris" said Dr. Anna, looking at him with a calmness that made her different from her colleagues. "Do you believe in your heart that if she was still alive you would have lived your life differently"
Morris took a deep breath with an intense feeling of loneliness. He knew the answer without having to take a moment to think about it. placing his palm beneath his cheek he said with smile across his lips "With her, I would have lived my life a thousand times differently. I would have been happier, knowing that everyday with her brings a new aroma, a new passion, a new definition and understanding of love"
"She meant that much to you"
Morris smiled as his thought drifted  to the first time he saw her. The vision was so real, it was like yesterday when they had their first kiss. Vivian stood before him. Dr. Anna could see that his heart revealed what his heart felt.
"What kind of a person was she" She inquired
"Vivian" he said with a pause " she was the nicest person I have ever known. she was gentle, loving, caring and beautiful beyond words. She was delicate, cultured, she could never hurt anyone, that was the perfection that death took away from me"
"Maybe if you start dating again, time will start to heal your wound"
"I can't"
"Why not"
"Because" choking in his own words "When she died, I died a million times, when she died, my heart was buried with her, now I don't have the heart to love again"
"Life is not like that, consider it as a river that sometimes shiver"
"Really"
"Yes" Assured Dr. Anna "you can love again if you open your heart to it, if you learn to embrace it once more"
Morris stands up and walks to the window observing the beautiful people on the street "What is the point of loving when death will not make it last" as he spoke, his eyes betrayed his thought. In one feel swoop, everything vanished. it was like yesterday.
               chapter 2


© 2014 saint22


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on August 14, 2014
Last Updated on August 14, 2014
Tags: yes


Author

saint22
saint22

Writing