Weapons Extend

Weapons Extend

A Story by Aekmy

This was it. I stood in a predator’s stance as I stared him down. He looked back confidently and smiled while making his next move, locking my eyes in his. I fell back against the wooden wall at the site of his cleverness and sighed, exasperated. I thought carefully before making my next move, knowing he would jusencounter my attempt to beat him. He smiled crookedly and laid down a double. I collected myself, pressing my stone lips into a thin line, before adding onto his attack.

“You won’t get away with this,” I warned.

His velvet tone was mocking as he taunted, “Oh but I think I already have.” And smiled a twisted, mocking smile. My eyes turned to slits – as if I needed them open to notice his presence – as I brought my hand from behind me and placed my piece in his face. His response wasn’t what I had accepted; he merely winked and once again - without breaking our intense gaze – encountered my fruitless attack with a more triumphant move. I put my head in my hands, thinking of how poorly I was performing. I had practiced keeping my thoughts to myself for weeks and this is what comes from it. He pulled my hands away and cupped them in one of his large hands. I yanked it away and caressed it next to my chest, glaring at him the whole time.

“Make your next move,” he said.

I nodded again, only thinking I was going to beat him, but not how I was going to beat him. He smiled at my thoughts, my thoughts of tearing his pride to pieces – with my teeth. I slammed into his last move without thinking of what I had done. For a split second surprise crossed his face, but it left as soon as it had came. I smiled a small smile and leaned back, awaiting his next move. How could he counteract that? He could. Figures he could come back with a much stronger assail than before. I sneered, growled, and then stood. He winked sweetly and smashed my last attempt. I fell to the ground as he inched closer and closer. He gracefully fell on top of me, holding himself but an inch from my quivering body.

“I win,” He winked, making his golden eyes sparkle. After only two years it wasn’t a surprise his sweet breath still intoxicated me, made me roll my eyes into the back of my skull in unparalleled pleasure.

“Actually,” I easily pushed him off of me, shoved my last domino piece into place, pulled him into me by his white suspenders that so plainly lined his perfect chest, and smiled wryly breathing an, “I win.”

He smiled, shoving me violently to the beige floor. I watched him for a moment as he stood perfectly still before me, gazing at my body, its position, and the situation. His sudden burst of movement had caused us to make a deafening amount of noise, which would probably have been avoidable if he hadn’t of been so reckless. I was thankful now that the others had left for ‘food’.

I giggled and, between his furious kisses, managed an, “I love you,” He stopped and looked at me seriously.

“I love you, too,” Sincerity burned in his eyes and I just couldn’t believe he was mine for eternity. I placed both of my hands on either side of his beautifully carved face, my fingertips soothing his stressed features and slowly pulled him closer to kiss his nose. My lips lingered on his cool skin, my eyes closed, longing to pause a minute in time so that we could experience this amount of lust for more than this second. I opened my eyes and found him watching my every move. Slowly, for him, his lips moved closer to my jaw. He watched me, taking in my reaction as if I was human. I felt his canines on my neck and growled softly. He caught his breath and stifled a laugh, closing his eyes, and I knew our fun was over.

“You always amaze me,” He lifted himself and I from the floor and, with one quick movement, put all of the dominoes back into the aluminum case. I followed him as we leisurely walked up the stairs to the office. His arm was tightly wound around my waist and I had my hand set on top of his. I thought of how calm we were, what with everything going on wouldn’t be both be in shock? Even as the creatures we were? He set the case on a shelf and turned to my direction, but I was by the window by then. The west wall was lined with clear, crisp windowpanes that started at the floor and ended at the top of our ten foot ceilings. It wasn’t exactly logical to the human mind for us vampires to enjoy the sunlight as they did, but amazingly we are more normal than they might imagine. The beautiful landscape expanded before me in a far from parallel jigsaw puzzle of jagged cliffs to my left, a wondrous cavern with small bats inside to my right, and below me was beautiful river that flowed relentlessly underneath the house from the top of a majestic mountain far far away.

“What is it you are brooding?” He murmured in my ear; just a light whisper flowing in the crisp wind that coursed enough to reach me. I pulled his once on my shoulder hands around my waist and we slowly tipped left and right.

“Mother Nature never holds back, does she?”

“No,” he stated simply.

“We aren’t a creation of mother nature,” I uttered in a hushed tone, even for me. The truth of my own words scared me.

“No,” he stated again.

“Then, if we are so amazing, why would Mother Nature leave the task of creating us to the devil?”

He pulled me around to face him, keeping my hands in his, and said, “We aren’t devilish creatures, you and I.”

“Then what are we?”

He tripped over his words, “We are…,” He tapped his pale chin, “we are…,” and I waited, “we are creatures of the night, freaks by day,” His tone had turned light-hearted as he stood twirling around, making me laugh, “rabid beings that no one understands, cold ones,” He took my hands in his again, “but we are not devilish. It says nowhere, in history, that vampires are devilish creatures.

“Yes, in fact, the English dictionary’s definition of vampire compares us with mosquitoes,” he poked my nose lightly and smiled. I stared at his finger and let the tingling sensation spread through my skin. My once blue eyes smiled into his forever golden ones.

© 2009 Aekmy


Author's Note

Aekmy
Dun dun dun dun!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is such a senstaional piece. Altho i dont kno if you wanted it to be obvious but it wasnt very clear that they where vampires seems almost like there playing a childs game and not vampires themselves. But it was still a great tale i loved it gripped in there innocent love. The bgnning confused me i was starting to think of a fight and the playful twist of a game of domino's was intreging , loved every moment do keep writng

Posted 14 Years Ago


"What is it you are brooding?" He murmured in my ear (this line made me laugh out loud in a class full of little kids) lol.
Your writing is so awesome, this story in very intriguing (or however you spell it). That line so reminds me of something that I would say. Often I find myself saying lines like this to my friends and it makes me laugh to find someone else who does so.
But as I was saying, I love this. It makes me laugh and makes me shiver....sexy! I love how he explains what they are. (Creatures of the Night) lol Kiss song.
Anyhow, sorry about not reading your writing sooner, the only place I have internet is at school.
(Echelon_Oath66)

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think this is a very interesting piece. The fact that they are both vampires adds a lot to the sweet love scene that plays out in this story. The suspense in good...I thought he was going to hurt her in some way at the beginning, but then he ended up kissing her. :)

If you really want to play up the suspense, I think you should gradually show that these are two vampires, instead of just telling. Let the readers think that these are two normal humans, but through the things they say and their actions, show that they are vampires. It would make the piece a whole lot stronger.

And I liked the end. It was very sweet! Thanks for entering this in my contest.

Jane

Posted 15 Years Ago


love et. :)
very awesome.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 4, 2009
Last Updated on April 15, 2009

Author

Aekmy
Aekmy

There is beauty is uniqueness. Embrace the strange or perish in the ordinary.



About
"Leaving the page of the book carelessly open, something unsaid, the phone off the hook and the love, whatever it was, an infection. - Anne Sexton" more..

Writing
0003 0003

A Story by Aekmy





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5