Prologue: The Lie

Prologue: The Lie

A Chapter by Cloud Andrews
"

A mysterious man is about to change the course of a young girl's life.

"

What if I told you the lie was actually the truth?

 

A man stood alone in a room facing a majestic French style window that was accompanied by silky white curtains that draped over either side of the window.  The window faced out to a beautiful forest and right below the window there was a garden filled with colorful flowers and a stone fountain that seems to be from the gothic ages. The man’s surroundings followed the theme of the rounded room, white. The walls were an ivory white shade, the floor was marble tile, the columns adjacent to either side of the door were made of the same marble as the floor. There were a few pieces of furniture in the room, a long rectangular desk that was made out of the finest glass it’s placement was in the center of the room. There was a grand chair behind the desk, it was made out of wood that has been glazed over with white paint. The chair also had white cushions.

 The location of everything was very apparent, the majestic window was on the north side , to the west of the room a mirror that took up almost the entire wall, on the eastern side there was an ominous roman numeral clock which read  11:09.  The southern side had beautiful double doors that had very detailed carvings. Every object in the room was white, everything was in harmony, except for the man who was staring past the trees outside. Only the back of the man is visible.

His wild raven black hair was pointing towards every direction possible, though it was wild it’s organized in neat symmetrical spikes, he had a long braid that began at the nape of his neck and ended near his waist line.  A smiling white mask was at the side of his head. The mask had a jester hat that had dark green and gold stripes running vertically. The three tips of the hat had golden jingles, except for the middle tip which had a small golden crown.  The man was wearing a slick black suit that fit him perfectly along with black dress shoes that complimented his black suit and hair.

The man looked over at the clock and notices the time. a sly smile appeared on his narrow fair face.  His young face made him to be around the age of twenty-five at the most. The man’s eyes are obscured by sleek black hair that framed the sides of his face.

He once again faced the window, sunlight began to stream from the window, it made the room shine as light bounced off the glass desk and marble floor. The clock begins to chime at 11:11.

“It’s time,” said the man under his breath.

            Two dark figures dashed out from the forest and disappeared into the sky.


© 2012 Cloud Andrews


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it, the plot is well structured and the flow is easy to follow. I'm quite impressed with the descriptive nature of the story and you have the skill to convey images into the minds on the readers. Good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on July 6, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2012
Tags: Star Seeker, Fiction, Fantasy, Action Adventure, Romance, Teen, Supernatural


Author

Cloud Andrews
Cloud Andrews

Denver, CO



About
I am a college student in Colorado and I would like to share my creative juices with other writers :). In particular I want to share my story Star Seeker and hopefully one day see it be published into.. more..

Writing
1: The Door 1: The Door

A Chapter by Cloud Andrews


2: The Echo 2: The Echo

A Chapter by Cloud Andrews