whats senior year without parties

whats senior year without parties

A Story by booksnotlooks
"

another part taken out from a book im kind of working on i guess?? i dont know if its good so give me tips and criticise, thank you! x

"

Whats senior year without a party? - Chapter 10

Elise

You know that feeling when you're so stressed out and you have so much to do in the shortest amount of time and you can't think of where to start first?

Well, that's the feeling I'm currently undergoing right now.

I can't keep up with all my homework, cheerleading practice and tutoring lessons all at once! I'm so busy I haven't properly slept in a week because I've either woken up earlier than usual for practice or to finish off my homework I didn't complete the night before.

I'm such a train wreck and I need to be way more organised.

Mums barely home so I've been ordering for the past few nights instead of cooking since I've had no time.

The doorbell rings, letting me know the pizza delivery guy is here for about the fifth time this week. I open the door and pay him with the money mum left me and eat away at the deliciousness in front of me.

As I'm up to my last slice I hear the doorbell ring once again and the frantic knocking noise at my door shortly after.

"EL!" I hear a voice shout.

"It's me, Sam! Open this door up right now!" Sam screeches at the top of her lungs.

I swear the whole neighbourhood can hear her. I rush down the stairs and unlock the door, "what's up?" I ask her, mouth full of pizza with crumbs around my mouth.

"What's up?" She says in a deadly tone, "Where have you been in the last few days? I've been freaking out, looking all over town for you!"

"Sam, I've been at the library studying all weekend and doing homework."

She lets out a huge sigh and puts her hand on my shoulder, "Sweetie, it's the long weekend, no one cares about school. You should be out partying and having the time of your life."

"But I've to study!" I exclaim.

"Nope! I will not allow you to stay in on this fine night," she grabs my arm and pulls me out of my house before locking the door behind me.

"Sam! What are you doing?" I whisper as we run out into the street. It was dark and the only sign of life were the sounds of crickets and the lights on in the neighbours' houses. Our street was quiet since we lived further from the city. It was a small, quiet street which ended with a cul de sac so most of us knew each other.

The cold breeze hits my feet causing goose bumps to appear all over my arms.

"I'm getting you ready for the best party ever, we need up our social status and I just happened to get an invite to Haley's start of year party," she explains while pulling me across the road to her house.

"How'd you manage that?" Never in a million years would I have gotten invited to HALEYS party. She despises me.

"We're part of her team now. All cheerleaders get invites first and a plus one," she explains, "Now let's find you something hot to wear so we can pick up some guys," she giggles flirtatiously.

"I've got clothes, Sam," I say in a monotone.

"No offence babe, but your clothes suck and don't show off your gorgeous body," she gestures as she waves her hands in a figure like shape.

"That's because I don't have a good body and I'd rather not show it off again," I groan. She never gives up once she sets her mind to something.

"Nonsense! I'm going to make you look hot again," she cheers while clapping her hands together.

Sam's going to make an amazing designer one day.

"Now sit." She orders me like her own personal dog.

I sit on the chair, spinning to face the dresser and the mirror showing my horrific face.

"Right, we've got some work to do."

- - -

"You finished yet?" Sam shouts from outside the bathroom door.

"Nearly!" I groan out of frustration. I pull up the lace pattern tights up my legs and then my jeans on top. I stumble out of the bathroom as I'm putting my shoes on to show Sam.

"How is it?" I ask covering my stomach with my arm. I felt uncomfortable in this outfit even though I wasn't showing much skin.

I hear a gasp leave her lips as she looks me up and down. She stands up from her bed and walks around me in a circle, moving my arm out of the way as she does so.

"El, you look so hot even the girls will go crazy for you," she laughs, "this is the best work I've ever done," she smiles feeling pleased with herself. "Go look," she motions me to turn around and look in the mirror.

I turn around slowly and stare back at my reflection in the mirror.

Wow. I don't even look like myself. I actually look decent for once in my life. "Thanks, Sam. I actually quite like this look," I tell her while fiddling with the denim jacket.

"I know. I'm a miracle worker!" She shouts from the back of her closet before walking out.

"Oh, Sam! You're stunning," I gasp as she walks out in a gold skirt that reaches a few inches above her knees and a black top which shows off her cleavage but she still looks presentable.

"Thanks, Eli," she says as a smile forms on her face, "let's go quickly before we're late."

"How are we getting there?" I ask as we step outside into the cold air.

"Luke," she smirks as I see a familiar car pull up into her driveway.

Great. I didn't think he would be invited.

"Evening ladies, get in before we're late," Luke says as we reach the car.

We both climb into the back seat of his car as he reverses out and drives along the road.

"Oh hey Tal," I say when I notice he's sitting in the passenger seat next to Luke.

"Hey cutie, looking forward to sitting on the itchy grass tomorrow?" He asks and even though it's dark I can tell he's smirking at his comment.

"No, because I'm not sitting with Luke and his friends, I'm sitting at my normal table." I spit back at him.

"Cutie, it was a deal, I'll drag you to the grass if I have to," Tal warns me.

I fold my arms across my chest and grumble in response.

I'll just hide at lunch then.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asks.

"Angel went out with us a few days back and we lost a bet against Tal," Luke speaks up.

"Who's Angel? I'm so lost," Sam sighs.

"Me," I tell her.

"Oh ok," she says quietly.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," Sam says, plastering a smile on her face. I know she's not fine but I'll just talk to her about it later.

- - -

"We're here," Luke says as we climb out of the car, the sound of loud music and people were everywhere.

We must've been at Haley's mum's hotel, which is where they live. Everyone and anyone was here, some people weren't even from our school.

"Names please?" A guy asks as we reach the front door.

"Samantha Donatella, Elise Jacqueline, Tal Winston and Luke Taylor," Luke says our names while pointing to us individually.

Sam squeezes my arm tightly and jumps around like a mad lady, "I'm so excited for tonight," she whispers into my ear a little too loudly, "Luke still remembers my name and the way he said it ugh," she whispers quieter now, making me giggle along with her at what she said.

"You can all go in except for Elise, whose name doesn't appear to be on this list." The guy says. Of course, it wasn't. Haley would never invite me, cheerleader or not. "Its ok guys, I'll just go back home. I didn't even wanna go to this party anyway," I say, swallowing my tears. I actually did want to go but I had forgotten that I was a complete nobody no one knows me.

"What? No, I have a plus one remember?" Sam stops me.

"Sir, I have a plus one, could she please come in now?" Sam tells the man.

He grunts before saying, "Miss, you don't have a plus one but your friend Luke does."

"So does that mean she could be my plus one then?" Luke quickly butts in, grabbing me by my waist and bringing me to his side.

"Yes, you may go in now," the man gruffly speaks and allows us to enter.

"Don't worry Angel, I'll have you by my side all night, I promise," He whispers in my ear and tightens is grip around my waist to protect me.

"C'mon El! Let's have the time of our lives," Sam shouts as she pulls me by my arm for the second time tonight and leads me to the music, drinks and couples making out on the dance floor.

"The party's just beginning, Angel"

word count; 1581

- - -

© 2018 booksnotlooks


Author's Note

booksnotlooks
the guy luke, calls elise "angel"
this is either ok or really bad so im sorry

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on April 7, 2018
Last Updated on April 7, 2018
Tags: #love