ONLY A MOTHER

ONLY A MOTHER

A Poem by afra

Only a mother knows what's going on inside 
Even when everyone else leaves you 
She always stays by your side 

Only a mother can see those unseen tears 
That didn't even flow from your eyes 
Only a mother's hug can help you get by your fears 

Only a mother can understand how you feel
And she loves you for who you are 
Only a mother love is pure and real

Only a mother can sacrifice her life for you 
And she loves you more then anyone else does
So why should you not care for her and love her back too?

© 2012 afra


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish i could agree and say the same things as this lovely poem can, but i cant. Sometimes a mother neglects and abandons their child. But to those mothers who i see interact with their children, i greatly admire them. This poem expresses some of what i've seen, its heartfelt and beautiful. nice job! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
quixotic_rose

11 Years Ago

seriously, me and this new review feature, i just cant get it!
i have no qualms of being a buz.. read more
That_Girl

11 Years Ago

LOL true true



Reviews

This is a very sweet tribute to a mother's love. In the second stanza, last line, ..."overcome your fears" is grammatically correct. The last line of the last stanza is a bit too wordy. Try, "So, why shouldn't you love her, too? Or "wouldn't". Or???
Great write! Do you have something against commas and periods, in your writing?:):)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoy the clear wording and heartfelt expressions. The last line seems a little too long. Maybe it could be divided into two lines, the fourth line perhaps being a new verse, or something. With this many views and reviews I feel like I'm shouting in the wind. You did good on this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Now this was definitly a breath of fresh air afra....Very excellent wording, a great rythym, and excellent definition....Everything about this poem was well served...Short and to the point but in a non boring way...Where you stayed on the assembly line of clones with "I WISH YOU LOVED ME MOM" you jumped off of the line with a backflip in this poem....Very excellent!!! Very excellent indeed!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is another great poem of yours...I like this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


What's. first line.

mother's. last line, second stanza.

anyone. second to last line.

question mark? last line. it's rather necessary to distinguish the question. I've always thought a question posed in the end is a copout to make it more poignant. Here, it fails to deliver.

Posted 11 Years Ago


this is a tender and heartfelt piece...and the bond seen between a mother and her child can seem quite touching at times

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree some of the reviewers here, some mothers don't love their children. But, I know my mother loves me, and I lover her too. Thanks for sharing, this was beautiful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love my mom.. this is so true! I can't live without her. She's my best friend, my support, my critic my.. everything. Its very sad that some mothers don't care for their children.
You've done a good job with the poem. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Too bad not all mothers love their children but I think this is very beautiful

Posted 11 Years Ago


i agree

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2081 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012

Author

afra
afra

Toronto, Mississauga, Canada



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Donna Donna

A Poem by Tate Morgan