Story Time

Story Time

A Story by Ainslie
"

For the Story to tell contest

"
Every February my family and I go up North to a town called Ashland, NH. We live about an hour and a half away. We stay in this cozy little condo with another family we are close to, their oldest kid is my age. Before the family started coming, we went to this ski area that was close to the condo complex. We would go tubing, since this was before my father learned to ski and it was only my sister and I who knew how to. The tubing trail wasn't straight down, but it was downhill, as many proper tubing trails are. This trail had curves that would make you feel as if you were going to go over the edge when they approached. At the end of the trail there was a mountain of snow to stop you, and hopefully you wouldn't go over the edge. Usually after we went sledding we would get hot chocolate in the lodge.
One year when we were sledding, it was a bit icy. It felt like icicles were stabbing your cheeks but we still wanted to go tubing. It was flurrying as well, but honestly, who cares? It's just harmless snow. So midway through tubing, already huffing and sweating, I decided to go down the trial after my father had. I was going particularly fast, then near the end of the trail where it turns to the giant mound of snow, my tube decided to be a rebel and go over the edge. All I remember is going over the top and then suddenly I was sitting in my tube in a patch of cattails by a little brook. My sister then popped her head over and we both started laughing hysterically. 
It was a memorable trip to the mountain. Sadly, the mountain has since been shut down, probably due to lack of funds.

© 2013 Ainslie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on November 12, 2013
Last Updated on November 12, 2013
Tags: contest, story, mountain, sledding, winter, NH

Author

Ainslie
Ainslie

NH



About
A traveler of time and space more..

Writing
Revere Beach Revere Beach

A Chapter by Ainslie