Revere Beach

Revere Beach

A Chapter by Ainslie

Sitting on sand dunes in early March watching the cold Atlantic waves roll in and out may not be the ideal way to spend a Friday night. The harsh winter wind combining with the ocean salt could be felt turning her nose and cheeks pink. She can barely tell where the ocean meets the sky because they are both a sad shade of grey. Snowflakes are thinning out as if the storm is finally over, but she knows it isn't. Weather in New England is as reliable as an internet connection in 1990.
With her chin resting on her knees, Josseline sits on a dune close to the remnants of high tide on Revere Beach. She came here to just be alone with her thoughts, as cheesy as that sounds. It seems as though she can never get away in her apartment, no matter how loud she blares her music. For some reason her parents feel the need to comment on every little thing she does and her younger sister comes into her room, even if the "Do Not Disturb" sign is up. The beach is the only place she can listen to her own madness.
Josseline constantly hears things like "it gets better" and "life goes on" but what is going to happen to all the time she is losing to the sadness that numbs her soul? Time doesn't have qualities like kindness to stop, comfort, and heal. It keeps going, some nights feeling as if it's as slow as molasses. Other nights it feels as if it's sprinting to finish gold at the Olympics.


© 2015 Ainslie


Author's Note

Ainslie
Advice and editing is greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 3, 2015
Tags: beach, revere, Boston, thoughts, winter, march, cold, ocean, sadness, depression


Author

Ainslie
Ainslie

NH



About
A traveler of time and space more..

Writing