Let’s Help You Find A Room Humidifier That Suits You

Let’s Help You Find A Room Humidifier That Suits You

A Story by airinnovations
"

Before you own a humidifier, it’s not really possible to tell just how much the quality of air in your home can affect you. If you’re dealing with allergies, asthma or stuffiness; a room humidifier mi

"

Before you own a humidifier, it’s not really possible to tell just how much the quality of air in your home can affect you. If you’re dealing with allergies, asthma or stuffiness; a room humidifier might be the thing you need.



Important things you must know about owning a room humidifier:

  • Maintenance is key to the longevity of your humidifier. It doesn’t require a lot of work but it does require consistency. Keep your room humidifier clean and disinfected so you don’t have to worry about mildew and bacteria building up.

  • There is a difference between warm and cool mist. The main difference is how each creates their vapor and the possible concerns you may have.

  • You should have a hygrometer handy to accurately measure the humidity levels in your home and rooms.

  • Reusing the same water that has been standing in the tank is a big mistake. You don’t know the amount of buildup that has occurred and you really shouldn’t take that chance.

How Can A Cool Mist Humidifier Help?

The usual signs that your home is lacking the right humidity levels are dry, flaky skin; chapped lips; and waking up with a sore throat or nose bleeds.


But what if you live in a place that’s normally humid? Even if you live in let’s say swampy Florida, you need to consider that the air inside your home isn’t always the same as the air outside your home. Living in a hot, humid climate means you’re blasting your air conditioner and creating a dry environment indoors. As a result, your body starts to react to a lack of moisture in the air.

One of the main concerns we see with a cool mist air humidifier is that it’s not as safe as a warm mist humidifier. Although a warm mist humidifier does require boiling water, there is still an advantage to heat. Without the proper amount of heat, bacteria and mold can actually spread and grow faster. So, if you’re looking for something that is safer, a warm mist humidifier might be for you.


If you’re not sure what's best, here are some pros and cons for different types of humidifiers.


Cool mist humidifier: This is one of the more popular types, with a cooling mist and several benefits. Instead of telling you whether it’s the best room humidifier or not, I’ll let you decide.

  • Pros: uses less electricity, able to cover more area and add moisture to larger rooms, easier to clean, can help you feel cooler in warmer months, great for year-round use, safer since there’s no risk of burns or spilling hot water.

  • Cons: can breed bacteria and mold if not maintained properly, requires more frequent cleaning, can create white dust if you don’t use distilled water.

Warm mist humidifier: When the cooler months start to hit, you’ll need all the warmth you can get. A warm mist humidifier can come in handy and keep you moisturized.

  • Pros: Disperses less organisms into the air, extremely silent, best for bedrooms and other small spaces, warms you up a bit during colder months.

  • Cons: Need heat to boil water to create the vapor, risk of burns from boiling water, warm moisture can encourage mold, must be cleaned daily.


Dual mist humidifier: If you’re stuck in between the cool mist and warm mist humidifier, a dual mist option might be the best humidifier for you.

  • Pros: Designed for smaller rooms, easy to clean, the best of both worlds, saves money if you could use the benefits of both.

  • Cons: Noisy, white dust is still a problem if you don’t use distilled water, might not be as warm as an exclusively warm mist humidifier, trouble with the humidity adjustment is possible

Find Comfort In Aromatherapy

An air humidifier can help you feel more comfortable in your dry home. If you want an additional boost, however, you can find comfort in aromatherapy products. The effect of aromatherapy and essential oils can be quite surprising and, depending on the type of oil you choose, the effects can range from calming to energizing. When you pair it with a humidifier, you’re tackling significant issues that can be preventing you from falling and staying asleep.

Choosing Aromatherapy Products

Take note that not all humidifiers are aromatherapy diffusers, and vice versa. If you want the best of both worlds, make sure you get a model that is actually made for both. It’s likely that you’ll see a cool mist humidifier compatible with aromatherapy products. Once you start enjoying the combination of aromatherapy products with humidifiers, you’ll wonder how you ever got along without it.

© 2018 airinnovations


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on March 8, 2018
Last Updated on March 8, 2018
Tags: room humidifier, cool mist humidifier, aromatherapy, aromatherapy products