Aromatherapy For Beginners

Aromatherapy For Beginners

A Story by airinnovations
"

Aromatherapy is actually very easy. All you need are fragrance oils or a special blend of oils and a diffuser that will send out the oil into your space’s air.

"

If you haven’t heard about aromatherapy, you’ve been living under a rock! Aromatherapy is essentially a way of awakening your senses, particularly scent. That wonderful scent you smell the moment you walk into your favorite spa and that feeling of relaxation that comes over you as you inhale deeply is exactly aromatherapy at its core. It’s the use of fragrance oils or essential oils to help relax, calm and rejuvenate those inhaling its intoxicating scent.


The right blends of oils can actually provide a number of benefits, including de-stressing, helping with certain ailments, improving focus, and so much more. There’s really a perfect oil blend for everything you can think of! Whatever sort of mood you’d like to achieve can easily be obtained with the right oil and a diffuser running in your home.


Aromatherapy is actually very easy. All you need are fragrance oils or a special blend of oils and a diffuser that will send out the oil into your space’s air. It’s very easy and so refreshing, which is probably one of the main reasons why aromatherapy is so popular these days.


But aromatherapy isn’t anything new. In fact, it’s been around for centuries! There’s been evidence that the Ancient Egyptians created the first distillation machines to extract oils from plants like cinnamon, clove and more. The oils were then used to embalm the deceased. But the practice of using aromas to enhance one’s mood is thought to go back to Ancient China. The term “aromatherapy” was first created in 1937 by French chemist Rene-Maurice Gattefosse, who invented the word after he was burned himself. This sparked his curiosity about the healing powers of oils.


Today, there are lots of studies being done on the power of aromatherapy. Researchers at the University of California Davis found that certain smells - especially rosemary, basil and cinnamon �" can protect one’s body against certain diseases. This is because they act as antioxidants, which help protect the body from certain ailments since they destroy free radicals in our environment that have been known to damage a cell’s DNA.


So, that pleasing fragrance oil that you’re burning in your favorite diffuser isn’t just to make your home smell nice, it can also help with numerous health benefits!

Aromatherapy Products You Need

When getting started, you don’t need many aromatherapy products. You simply need a diffuser and a few fragrance oils of your choice. Many people purchase aromatherapy products in kits to start out, which propel them in their aromatherapy journey since it provides them with the basics. From there, they usually expand their aromatherapy experience by seeking a vast collection of oils.


A diffuser enhances a space by spreading the scent of oils throughout the air. It works via permeation, which means to pass into every part of. The diffuser takes the oil and water and then distributes the particles into the air, filling your room with the aroma. A few drops of oil into the water in a diffuser is all it takes to create a spa-like ambiance in the comfort of your own home.


When it comes to oils, you’ll want to do some research to figure out which one’s you’ll need. Many oils have numerous benefits and can be combined to create the ultimate fragrance! Must-have oils include:


  • Lavender: known to How To Buy Aromatherapy Supplies help relieve depression, headaches, nausea, muscle aches, menstrual cramps, spasms, inflammation and respiratory allergies

  • Chamomile: known to reduce swelling, relieve stress, insomnia and help with digestive problems

  • Lemon: helps with coughs and colds, insomnia, anxiety, hypertension and depression

  • Rosemary: helps with swelling, fights infection, indigestion, liver problems, gas, increases circulation

  • Eucalyptus: can lower fever, relieve coughs and clear sinuses

  • Peppermint: helps with digestive problems, relieves headaches and muscle pain, great for motion sickness, cleans rounds and decongests the chest

  • Thyme: fights skin infections, helps with joint pain and relieves stomach problems

How To Buy Aromatherapy Supplies


Now that you know what sort of aromatherapy supplies you need to create a peaceful ambiance and spa-like home, it’s time to find the perfect diffuser and fragrance oils! There are many places that sell aromatherapy supplies, but just make sure you purchase them from a reputable seller. A quality diffuser is one that’s appealing to the eye, looks great with your home’s décor and features antimicrobial inhibitors to help prevent the growth of bacteria. When water is left sitting in your diffuser, bacteria can start to grow in the tank and the base. Essential fragrances will vary in cost and depend on the type and brand you purchase. But overall, aromatherapy supplies shouldn’t be too expensive.

© 2018 airinnovations


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on August 2, 2018
Last Updated on August 2, 2018
Tags: aromatherapy, aromatherapy products, aromatherapy supplies