Elementals Chapter Eight

Elementals Chapter Eight

A Chapter by AJ

Chapter Eight

Olivia crested the last hill before coming upon a vast lake. The wind off the water was cool on her face as she stood there panting. She scanned the shore wonder which direction to go since it was too wide for her to swim across and it would leave her vulnerable to attack even if she tried. She had managed to evade the soldiers without having to turn and defend herself so far. She wasn't sure how much longer she could do so, she could feel them getting closer. She felt for her water abilities, they were still depleted but they were better. She had a crazy thought, she wasn't sure if it would work though.

She bent down at the waters edge and touched the surface of the water. Closing her eyes she released a quick blast of ice along the surface. Spreading the ice as far as she could reach. Opening her eyes she saw that she had made a solid platform of ice several inches thick and about three feet wide. “Well so far so good, now to try my other idea,” she whispered to herself. Olivia rose from her crouch and tentatively stepped onto the ice platform. Balancing herself on it's surface she rested her foot on the surface of the water and repeated the process with the difference of releasing the ice through her foot instead. The surface froze and expanded around her foot, connecting with the first sheet of ice. She increased the flow of energy as she took another step and another as she walked across the surface of the water. Soon she was running across the lake towards the far shore. Every time her foot touched the water she made another platform for herself.

A journey that would have taken her most of the day would now only take the span of an hour or two. Olivia focused on the task of not falling into the frigid water, she was also careful not to burn up her energy too quickly. Only using enough to make the next platform wide enough to support her weight. Running made it easier since she spend only a split second on it as she ran. As she neared the other side of the lake she could hear men shouting behind her.

“Oh crap,” she said as she glanced behind her. There were a group of about six soldiers behind her using the platforms she had made. She would have to do something about that when she got to the other side. For now she focused on her feed and output of energy she was putting out. A few more yard away was the other shore, she was almost there.

Suddenly there was volley of darts raining down around her, the soldiers will still a ways behind her running in single file. She pushed her muscles to speed up as she neared her goal. Almost there, she thought as she gathered herself for a jump. Pushing off on the last platform she threw herself air born and twisted in midair. Forming as many ice shards as she could she threw them at the men behind her. At the very least she would cause them to jump off the platform into the water. At best she could take out one or two of them as they were caught unaware.

The first man did just what she thought he would. Shouting out to the rest as he launched himself into the water. The second and third followed suit, the next man took two shards to the chest and dropped with a cry. The fourth took one to the shoulder and leg. The last man took a shard directly in the head and dropped into the water. He didn't get up as his body floated on the surface of the water.

Olivia landed on the bank of the lake and rolled, stopping against a tree. It would make a nasty bruise but she was thankful that nothing broke as she urged her body to rise. “Now to take care of the platform,” she grunted as she rose to her feet. Gathering a fireball in her hands she threw it at the platform. As it hit the ice imploded, sending chucks of ice everywhere. She gathered another fire ball and threw it again at the platform with the same effect. The men in the water dove down as she continued to assault the bridge with fire ball after fire ball till they would have to swim the several yards to shore. It would buy her time to get away as they would be tired and extremely cold by the time they reached the shore. They would probably have to radio for help if their equipment was still functional when they got out of the water. All the better if it doesn't, she thought as she turned and continued to run south.

The woods on this side of the lake were more dense and the brush was more abundant. It made it difficult for her to get through, but it would provide her with hiding places. It would also make even for difficult for soldiers to follow her. They were skilled but there was only so much they could do when the land itself was against them.

“Go west,” the voices advised her as she ran up an embankment.

“Why west?” she asked, half expecting that there would be no explanation. She was wrong.

“Your friends are in a clearing just over a mile away, be careful there are others on this side. The man Holt is also with them,” the voices warned.

“Great, that the last thing I need. Maybe if I am lucky I can kill him in the process,” Olivia retorted as she stopped on the crest of a hill.

“Don't underestimate him, he is not a mortal man. He is like the woman, they have taken powers from others. We don't know which abilities they have taken,” the voice advised.

Olivia breathed in deeply as she thought about what abilities that Maeve had used. The unnatural strength could only be from an earth elemental. Holt must have been hiding his abilities to keep the element of surprise on his side. That could be a problem for her, he didn't use any abilities that she could see at the ball. If the voice hadn't warned her she would have continued to assume that Holt didn't have any abilities.

“What do you suggest I do if I should encounter him than?” she asked.

“Strike at him first, he can't avoid a direct attack without using his abilities and giving himself away. We are fairly sure that it's not fire or water, unless letting you scare him was apart of his plan. It is likely that it is earth or water. Possibly he is a forest elemental. Perhaps the reason he doesn't use his powers outright is that he is not properly trained in them. All the same be careful,” the voice suggested. Olivia thought it through, if he were a fire user the flames wouldn't have effected him. With water he could have shielded himself. But someone like Holt it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities that he allowed himself to be scared by her flames to keep his edge.

There were just to many what ifs for her comfort. She would just have to try and avoid a confrontation, if not than she would use every advantage she could if it came down to a fight. No need to get yourself killed if you can help it, she thought. She continued running after catching her breath and checking for movement on the earth. There was a slight vibration, it could only mean that they were still a distance away from her. If she kept a good pace she could stay ahead of them and get to her friends. She looked around her for anything she could use as a weapon, she didn't want to use her energy reserves anymore than she had to. After searching for a few minutes she found a length of wood that was light enough the it wouldn't encumber her but solid enough that she could use it as a staff. Raising her hand in front of her she used her fire like a torch, when she felt it was the appropriate amount of heat she took the end of the staff and sliced a chunk of the wood off at an angle. She repeated the process till the staff had a wicked point at the end. Bringing the heat down she charred the end with her hand. Satisfied that she had down what she could to fashion a weapon she took off running again, her spear in hand.

The sun was high over head as she ran, sticking close to the thicker patches of trees. Giving herself the best cover she could as she ran the mile or so to the clearing the voices had promised would be there. She had a stray thought that itched at her, she decided to take a chance with it.

“You know it would be nice to have a name for you. It's bad enough that I seem like I am talking to myself, it would be worse if I have to described you as 'the voices'. Is there anything I can call you?” she asked. They obviously can read her mind, even if they could she got the impression that they would consider it very rude. Watching over her was one thing, but having them reading her mind would be very uncomfortable.

There was silence for a moment as if they were thinking. “We have not gone by our individual names for centuries. Some of us don't even remember what they were. I suppose if you have to describe us we would be the original counsel. And I suppose you could talk to me individually if that is more convenient for you,” the voice in her head sounded like the blonde haired man she had spoken to in her vision.

“That would be helpful,” she panted.

“Very well, in life I was called Alexandros. More than likely you will be addressing me so you might as well use my name. The others will introduce themselves at a better time,” Alexandros said.

“Alexandros huh? That seems like a little bit of a mouth full, how about Alex for short?” Olivia asked just before jumping a small creek. She landed on the other side, almost losing her grip on her spear. Her palms were sweaty, she used a small amount of energy to cool her body to a comfortable temperature. Letting the sweat on her body dry in the warm air that rushed by her as she continued forward.

“Alex huh?!” he said, he almost seemed to like the modern nickname. Remembering his friendly smile, he had given Olivia the impression that in life he had been a man that was not too serious to smile. He reminded Olivia a little of Damien, not afraid to show emotion even in a serious situation.

“I kind of like it,” he finally said. “Yes, you can call me Alex. By the way you are almost to the clearing,” Alex announced as Olivia noticed that the tree had begun to thin up ahead.

Olivia skidded to a stop as a large tree crashed down in front of her. She swore under her breath as she noticed that it was pulled up by it's roots, as if it were torn out of the ground by an invisible hand. She whirled around and crouched down with her make shift spear waiting for the next attack to come. She heard the crunch of leaves to her left, she adjusted her position as she waited. A tall figure emerged from around the twisted tree roots. It was Holt with a smug grin on his face, and Olivia felt the rage grow inside her as she looked upon this man. She waited for him to speak his mind before she acted on Alex's instructions. He could have killed her easily with that tree, there had to be a reason that he didn't. A man like Holt always had a reason for his actions.

“That was quite an escape, I would never had bet on you getting past Maeve. It was clever of you to use that alcohol on the floor,” he complimented.

“It was either that or be treated like a lab rat. I doubt you would have done differently in my position,” Olivia said watching his movements carefully. He moved like a cat cornering a mouse. She tracked his every slight movement, waiting for the best opportunity to make her move.

“Actually, I was in your position at one time. I didn't have your powers at the time, I was once a normal teenager when the order brought me in and started experimenting on me. I tried to escape several times,” Holt confessed. He took a seat on a fallen log across from her.

“And now your their dog, who would have thought,” Olivia spat. What is his game, she wondered. If he had really been like her why would he choose to serve the same people that tortured him for years.

“Not exactly,” he said sounding a little irritated. “I am their slave, without them I will very shortly die. I only have one goal and for that I need you,” he said pointing a finger at her. Olivia was confused, what could he possibly need from her. There was nothing she could do to even remotely reverse what they had done to him.

“Well enlighten me than, what is it that you need from me? You obviously already have an elementals powers. There is nothing I can do to change that and I will be damned if I let you add mine to yours,” she growled.

Holt looked amused as he grinned again. It only served to unnerve her as she stood starring at him. “I don't want your powers, I want you to use them to heal the damage they did to me. I hate them as much as you do,” he explained.

“I very much doubt that, and why would I help you anyway? You shot Penny in the head without a second thought. Why would I help the man that murdered the only family I had left?” Olivia retorted.

The smile on Holt's face faded, “I didn't kill her Olivia. Maeve did,” he said softly. Olivia was confused, she saw him shoot her didn't she. She tried to remember, that night as she was running away as her aunt had commanded her. She only saw Holt on the landing with his gun in his hand. She remembered as her aunt fell to the ground, her blood like mist in the air. If Holt hadn't been the one that fired into her aunts head, she searched through her memories at the people huddled and screaming on the sides of the room. Than she realized that there had been a red head at the party. She was a stranger so she had not noticed her there, watching her and her aunt. She shook her head slowly, unable to believe what her own memories told her.

“I was ordered to take both of you alive. It was Maeve who decided that you aunt was too much trouble. I know you don't want to believe me but I am really on your side. I suggested the drugs that they put in you, knowing that if I enraged you you could burn them out of your system. I left the cart in the hallway to give you a fighting chance of escaping. I was the one that held the soldiers back so that you could have more time to get away. All that I ask is to heal me so that I can finish what I started,” Holt confessed in a rush. He stood there, his eyes seemed honest as he told her everything he had done to help her. But there was one last thing she needed to know.

“You forgot one last thing, why did you shoot Damien? What purpose did that serve in helping me?” she whispered. The answer he gave would either drive her to kill him or trust him. She tightened her grip on her spear, ready to run him through if she got the chance.

He looked at her with guilt in his eyes. “That was a chance I had to take to make you break through to your true powers. I saw the way you looked at him, I saw the love you have for him. And I knew that if your true powers were to manifest it would have to be for a bond you couldn't bear to lose. It was a risk I had to choose to make if all my plans were to succeed. I am thankful that I didn't do it for nothing, and I understand if you hate me for it. But what I plan to do to the order for what they have done and what they made me do...” he paused as his voice cracked. He looked down at his feet, Olivia could see his jaw tighten as if reliving the memories he wish he didn't have. “Well, lets just say that for the rest of my life I will be doing anything and everything I can to do to right to what they did wrong,” he finished.

Silence fell over the both of them, she could feel Alex with her. As if he were standing beside her, thinking over what he had heard just as she was. Yes, she still hated him but he had also brought her to her true destiny. Not in the way she would have wanted but his actions had a purpose.

“Olivia,” Alex said in her mind.

“What is it Alex?” she replied. Holt looked at her confused, he must be wondering if she was suffering a concussion or something. He looked around to see if someone was there, when he saw no one he looked back at her. She held up her hand for him to remain quite.

“Olivia I want you to do something for me,” Alex continued. “This will hurt a little but it is necessary.” Olivia nodded silently, again holding a hand up to Holt as he stared at her as if she had suddenly gone mad.

“Take the spike and cut your hand, I will drink some of your blood and use it to appear to you and Holt. I wish to talk to him directly,” Alex explained. Olivia hesitated for moment, than decided that she trusted Alex. With the sharpest edge of her spear she sliced the palm of her hand as Alex had instructed her to. The wood splintered slightly as it cut along her palm, leaving behind a gash like a crimson ribbon along her hand.

“What are you doing?” Holt demanded as he rose from his seat. Olivia starred at him, it must have had the desired affect on him because he stopped himself from approaching closer to her. She turned back to her hand as the blood flowed out of the open wound. She jolted when she felt phantom hands grasp her wrist, she forced herself to stay perfectly still as she felt what she could only guess was lips kissing the wound. She watched with fascination as Alex gradually appeared like a ghost in the mist. As he drank more of her blood he began to solidify before her in all his glory.

She heard Holt gasp in surprise, staring in wonder as Alex appeared out of what must have been no where. She began to feel a little faint as Alex continued to drink from her palm. Holt must have notice because he came quickly behind her and held her upright. She wiggled out of his grasp as Alex finished, fully formed and wiping his mouth on a piece of cloth. Olivia used the fallen tree for support rather than have Holt touch her again. She still harbored feelings of resentment towards him, and she couldn't bring herself to trust him. She wanted him where she could see him at all times.

He took the hint and backed away to give her space, turning his attention to Alex instead. “So who are you? Actually what are you?” Holt asked.

“I am Alexandros, leader of the original Counsel. I would like to know what your plan for the order are exactly,” Alex said as he stared directly at Holt. Olivia had yet to see him with this severe expression on his face. If she had been the one on the receiving end of that stare she wouldn't be able to feel comfortable. Apparently Holt wasn't either, he shifted his weight nervously as his jaw muscles tightened repeatedly.

“When you say the original counsel, what do you mean by that exactly?” he asked. Alex grinned at him, the amusement back in his eyes.

“I was the first leader appointed to maintain the balance between mortal men and elementals nearly 3,000 years ago. With Olivia's blood I am able to manifest for a time, now I wish for you to explain this plan of yours. I will not answer any more questions till you answer mine,” Alex said firmly. Holt's jaw sagged in disbelief, even Olivia was slightly surprised that the counsel was that old. From what she was able to research elementals have existed for even longer than that. Now she knew when the first counsel was formed, she would have to share this new information with the others.

“My plan is to help take them down from the inside. I have done what I can in my current condition,” Holt said.

“And what condition is that exactly? You seem healthy enough. Why would you need me to heal you?” Olivia chimed in. Holt looked at her, clearly agitated by the question.

“When they were running their experiments on me, they triggered a side effect that keeps normal people from becoming elementals. The mutation is natural to your bodies, you were built to handle it or to pass it on to your children. They have been managing it with daily injections and medication. They use it over me to keep their grip on me and to do as they order. If I were to be healed that would take away their control. Basically if I don't return to them within a few days I will die of organ failure without the proper injections and medication. Before finding you I managed to steal a couple of the doses to buy myself more time. I won't need them anymore if you can manage to heal me,” Holt explained meeting Olivia's eyes. They seemed to be almost pleading with her to do what he asked.

“If I were to heal you, how can I be certain you wouldn't double cross us. Or worse kill me after you get what you want,” Olivia accused.

Holt thought for a moment, “I don't really have anything to assure you that I am on your side. You would just have to decide to trust me or not. If you did decide to heal me I wouldn't kill you, there are others that need your help just as much. I am not the only one that they have experimented on, I sure as hell won't be the last. All I can offer is my assurance that I would do everything I can to help take them down. The choice to trust me or not is yours,” Holt said as he stood there looking at her with desperation in his expression.

She thought for a long time, weighing all the possible outcomes between her two choices. She had a thought, if he really planned to double cross her he would refuse. It was worth a try, she thought to herself.

“Say I were to agree to heal you, would you come with us and be our prisoner. We have chambers that would contain you and your powers, there wouldn't be even a slim chance of you escaping. Even if you did you would be surrounded by other more practiced elementals. You would provide us with all the information you have learned over the years. Would that be something you would agree to,” she asked half expecting him to make the excuse that he would need to stay with the order for his plans to work. But he simply stood quietly thinking, no doubt weighing his options.

“They would probably figure that I let myself die or joined your side. But...” he hesitated. “If that's what it would take for you to trust me and to get justice for what they have done to me and others. Than I am willing to make that sacrifice,” he said nodding his agreement. “Who knows maybe with time I can be restored to a regular human again. I never wanted these abilities. In my opinion, if I was meant to have them I would have been born with them like you. And in the hands of people like the order...” he grimaced. “I have seen far too much of what they are capable of doing when they are in the wrong hands,” he finished, looking down with guilt.

Olivia had to force herself not to feel sorry for him, he made his choices. Now he will just have to live with his own sins, she thought. She turned to Alex, “What do you think? Does that seem like an adequate compromise to you and the counsel,” Olivia asked.

Alex thought for a moment before answering, “weather it is or not he knows too much for us not to take him with us. Though he should know that if he were to double cross us it's not just your wrath he would have to deal with. Just because we have been long dead does not mean that we cannot make his life a torment,” Alex warned as he starred at Holt. Olivia didn't doubt that he could hold up to that promise, she put her hand on Alex's arm and nearly jumped out of her skin.

“I didn't think you were actually, physically here. Is that what my blood does to you or can you do that with anyone?” she asked nervously.

“We can only use the blood of those that are in our bloodline,” Alex said matter of fact. Smiling at Olivia as this information sunk in.

“Than that means that I am related to you,” Olivia said as she stared up at him.

“Indeed, I had a family before forming the counsel. You are one of my decedents,” Alex explained.

Olivia stood awed by this fact, it was one thing to trace your family line back several generations. It was an entirely different feeling meeting one of them. She stared at him more closely than she did before. Some of his features reminded her of her father. The way his blonde hair curled at the ends, his well defined chin and the set of his eyes. Olivia couldn't help noticing the similarities, she even shared a couple of them.

Olivia suddenly heard the sound of rustling leaves and snapping twigs in the distance. Making her snap her attention back to the tree line.

“We've stopped for too long, we need to get out of here now. Alex, are my friends still in the valley ahead?” Olivia asked as she retrieve her spear. Alex closed his eyes for a moment, Olivia could see the movement of his eyes under their lids.

“Yes they will arrive there momentary, you and Holt should move now so you can catch them as they land. Now move, I will distract the soldiers while you make your escape,” Alex said laying a hand on Olivia's shoulder.

“But what about you?” Olivia asked concerned.

“I am already dead, and the your blood will only afford me a few more minutes. They can't hurt me,” Alex explained as he took off in the opposite direction. Olivia and Holt watched him run through the woods, making as much noise as he could. Olivia crouched down to feel the earth. She felt the vibrations grow distant as they caught site of Alex and proceeded to chase him. Opening her eyes she turned to Holt.

“Follow me, if you betray me I will kill you. Remember that,” she snapped as she took off at a full run. Holt following closely behind her, easily keeping pace with her as they ran for the clearing ahead. She started to hear the blades of a helicopter positioning itself above the clears. Sending gusts of wind in every direction as it came closer to the ground. The sunlight was steadily growing brighter as they neared the clearing. Olivia could feel her heart tighten in her chest with the hope that she would finally be able to see Damien again.

Would he be there? She wondered as she cleared a fallen log. Was she truly able to heal him? Was he in any condition to attempt a rescue mission to find her? Thoughts of him swirled around in her mind as they rushed forward towards the sound of the helicopter. Her lunges were beginning to ache with exertion, but she ignored the warnings in her mind telling her to slow down. She wanted to see Damien, to hold him in her arms again. For that she would push her body to it's limit just to see him again. She could hear Holt breathing heavily beside her, she wondered if he understood why she was pushing them so hard. He probably assumed that she just wanted to reach the others to make as quick of a get away as they could. Which was fine with her, it was in his best interest as well as to make a clean break from the order. The less they knew the better for all of them.

They burst through to the clearing, the sun nearly blinding Olivia as she searched for where the helicopter had landed. Stopping halfway into the clearing, trying to catch her breath as she look around the clearing. Holt was bent doubled over as he panted, adjusting to the bright sunlight. Olivia shaded her eyes as she spotted the helicopter touching down on the east side of the valley. She could see Ryder and Liam jumping out of the craft with gear bags in their hands. Than came James and Harper, checking their belts and harnesses to make sure their weapons were secure. Than Madison and Clay hopped out, dressed to the gills with weapons and backpacks. They all looked ready to take on whatever came their way. Olivia laughed with relief, she felt it had been weeks since the last time she saw them rather than a few days.

Finally Damien stepped out of the craft looking around the valley. Olivia's heart began to beat furiously in her chest at the site of him. His long black hair pulled tightly back in a pony tail. His face was glorious in her eyes, she was unaware that she was steadily walking towards him. Drawn to him like a magnet, they were not yet aware that she was there. She was still too far away from them to see her as they prepped their gear.

“Olivia,” Holt yelled as he leaped towards her, tackling her to the ground as a dozen or so darts came flying at them from the tree line. Olivia grunted as Holt landed on top of her, knocking the wind out of her already abused lungs. Holt swore as he rolled off of her taking out a water canteen and a small black bag from his pocket. Opening the bag Olivia saw that it was filled to the brim with seeds. What was he going to do with those, she thought as she rolled to the side.

“Damn I guess the distraction Alex gave us wasn't enough, what's the plan?” She said hoping that Holt would let her in on what he was going to do with those seeds. He unscrewed the cap on the canteen and poured the water into the bag of seeds.

“This should buy us some time and provide some cover. They are a fast growing tropical vines, adding some of my power to them I can make them grow into a thick wall. They are also tough to get through even it you have a machete, perhaps you could also light them on fire that would drive them back and buy us even more time to get to your friends. You up for it?” Holt explained. Olivia was surprised, that was actually a brilliant strategy. It also worried her a bit, he had had more time to practice than she would have guessed. If he was really on their side he would be a valuable ally, and if he was plannning to betray them he would be an equally dangerous enemy. No time to debate, get out of her first than figure this our later, she reminded herself.

“Yeah I have enough to give it a good burn,” she replied to his question. He smiled at her and quickly rose to his knees throwing the bag of seeds at the tree line. As the bag landed in the dirt Holt dug his hand into the ground in front of him. The next thing Olivia saw was vines quickly emerging from the ground and spreading several yards in either direction. The vines were almost as thick as a baseball bat and twisted around each other as they grew. Wrapping themselves around the trees forming a wall twenty or so yards long.

“Olivia now, as hot as you can make it,” Holt shouted. Olivia didn't waste any time as she built as much energy as she could spare. Fanning the flames into a twisting ball of blue flames between her two hands. Willing it to grow hotter as she pulled more oxygen into it, it was so hot it was nearly white with heat. Just as she couldn't get it any hotter without fainting she released it at the base of the vines. Making the vines go up as if they had been drenched in gasoline. Quickly spreading to the surrounding vegetation as it consumed the vines. Pouring clouds of dark smoke everywhere as every thing was caught in it's path.

Olivia fell to her knees, he hole body felt weak with the sudden lose of energy. All the running to get there as well as giving Alex her blood didn't help. She was too weak to move now, she was barely able to stay awake. Holt took his hands out of the earth and rushed over to Olivia. He caught her as she was about to fall over, he didn't bother to ask her permission as he collected her and lifted her into his arms. Olivia tried to protest but she was far too week too even speak at that moment. Than realized that there wasn't any time for her pride, instead she gave up and let him carry her as he started running towards the helicopter and her friends.

Olivia could hear the sound of gunshots as Holt ran with her in his arms. They had not yet penetrated through the vines and fire, but the wall would not keep them out of the clearing forever.

Olivia!” she heard someone calling her name as they neared the helicopter. The voice sounded like Harper, the other chimed in as they ran up to meet them. Than she heard Damien's voice as he pushed through to the group.

“What happened is she alright, Olivia can you hear me?” she heard him ask as she was taken from Holt arms. She managed to open her eyes, gazing into Damien's face as he looked down on her with concern.

“She is weak, we don't have much time before the soldier come for us. We need to leave now,” Holt said through panting breaths.

“Damien,” Olivia said as she brought her hand up to cup his face. “I didn't know if I was ever going to see you again,” she confessed. She tried to stop the flow of tears running down her face. He's alive and fine, she thought as he held her tighter.

“Just hold on, we'll get you back to the manor. Your going to be just fine,” he assured her as he turned and carried her back to the helicopter. The others followed not bothering to ask what she was doing with Holt and why he was coming with them. She would have a lot to explain to them once they were at a safe distance from this place. She only hoped that she could stay awake long enough to do so. As it was she could feel what remained of her strength starting to fade as she leaned in closer to Damien.

Clay started the engine as they reached the helicopter. There was an explosion in the direction of the vine wall that Holt and Olivia had created. They must have used a grenade or something to blast through. Damien carried her into the craft and settled her gently into one of the seats. Quickly buckling her into it as he yelled at clay to take off and get them out of here. Clay replied with a thumbs up as the engine grew louder. The others also secured themselves in their seats as the helicopter proceeded to lift itself off the ground. James and Ryder held onto straps near the door, hanging partway out as they prepared themselves to attack any soldiers that got too close.

Damien seated himself beside Olivia, gripping her hand as they rose into the sky above the clearing. The sound of metal bouncing off the surface of the craft made Olivia jump. Ryder did his best to deflect the hail of bullets the soldiers unleashed, and James fired back with a volley of fire balls. Olivia could faintly hear the shouts of the men below as they pulled away. She managed to squeeze Damien's hand before she lost consciousness. She saw Alex in her minds eye for a brief moment for the darkness swallowed her up. He looked relieved that she was safe amongst her friends.





© 2016 AJ


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on July 30, 2016


Author

AJ
AJ

New Boston, TX



About
I am a thirty year old wife and mother from Texas. For years I have been working on a concept to right my first novel in and I think I have sorted that out. I am just looking for some helpful though.. more..

Writing
Elementals Chapter One Elementals Chapter One

A Chapter by AJ


Elementals Chapter Two Elementals Chapter Two

A Chapter by AJ