Verse in a Vase

Verse in a Vase

A Poem by Andrew John
"

Freeverse

"
This verse offers such flowers, gives them to us, presents a vase of verse so simply, yet with grace. So simply, too, do we receive them with that grace, presented as they are within this dainty vase. Such a vase, with grace, such flowers, with grace, such a vase of verse containing those flowers with finesse. Why do we try so hard to create verse for flowers and a vase employing such a dainty voice while we curse so much, oh yes, so much? (Jul 2022)

© 2022 Andrew John


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Andrew, We can almost see a woman at her garden station arranging freshly cut flowers.
With a second glance we see s poet arranging beautiful words; deliberately selected and placed.
Hopefully as we elevate our thoughts and purposes the weeds and thorns will fall away. Leaving no hint of the curse: hate, malcontent...



This is a beautiful picture of poetry.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Verse in flowers. I like that very much. A bouquet of verse. What a gift that would be to a poet like me. I love flowers, but poetry is almost life. You have a great metaphor here. Enjoyed the resd

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Thank you, Robert and Jacob, for these kind comments. Interesting to note that in the USA they say "vaize" and in the UK we tend to say "vahze" - ay and ah. But I think things still fit, not that you 2 gents were pairing grace and vase. I wasn't aiming for particular rhymings between vase and grace. Anyway, thanks again for your comments.

Posted 1 Year Ago


An inventive write. I like the idea of flowering verse within a vase! Nice one!

Posted 1 Year Ago


a voice for poetry, a voice of reaction to life....very, very different.

the idea of verse in a vase...excellent metaphor.
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2022
Last Updated on July 16, 2022
Tags: verse, curse, grace, vase, flowers, grrrr

Author

Andrew John
Andrew John

Carmarthen, Wales, United Kingdom



About
Live in Carmarthen, Wales more..

Writing