Hope

Hope

A Story by AK

"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly."
~ Langston Hughes

 

Now see… there really are other folks who think like I do. I just knew it!
 
I've heard differing opinions of "hope". Some think it is a reckless and foolish enterprise. Still others have given up all hope and live only in the here and now, never looking ahead to all that might be. I can't live like that, can you?
 
We must be able to dream and anticipate with at least a small amount of expectation. I know it might seem impractical, or even illogical to hope for the things that mean so much to us. After all, we have nothing to base hope on except a positive view of all the possibilities. And maybe a little faith thrown in for good measure. But even our faith has a goodly portion of hope. Without hope there is so little to look forward to. For me, a life without hope would be empty and dismal indeed.
 
1st Corinthians 13:7 says, "Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." It all works together, it really does! I do believe all things. I have endured many things. I have yet to encounter a thing that I could not bear. And so I shall continue to "hopeth all things".
 
Some folks ask me why I always have such a positive attitude? Maybe it's because I've seen a little of what life is like without hope. And I just won't go there. I'll hang on to my hope for a lot of different things and a lot of different people. You have to protect your hope.
 
Langston Hughes huh? I'll have to Google him, I like his style!

© 2009 AK


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches within the soul
and sings the song without the words
that never stops at all.

And sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land
and on the strangest sea
yet never in extremity
it asked a crumb of me
--E. Dickinson

Hope is a fine thing. An essential part of our every day lives. You are not alone. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is so uplifting, yes, hope is imperative. I've seen people who've lost hope and they live such futile lives where even in the face of the near impossible those with hope prosper.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hope is the thing with feathers
that perches within the soul
and sings the song without the words
that never stops at all.

And sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land
and on the strangest sea
yet never in extremity
it asked a crumb of me
--E. Dickinson

Hope is a fine thing. An essential part of our every day lives. You are not alone. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Without hope, we have nothing . . .

Without faith, we have nothing and are empty . . .

These words within your writing ring strong and clear, my friend.

Thank you for writing this. Such a strong a powerful reminder for us all.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I won't go there, either. I am a firm believer in Hope.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 19, 2009
Last Updated on February 19, 2009

Author

AK
AK

AK



About
If you haven't visited my Alaska... well... well... shame on you : >) Small brook just outside of Woodstock, Vermont. October 14, 2010 "Oh... that feels so good" - May 17, 2009 .. more..

Writing
Just One Just One

A Poem by AK


Blue Moon Blue Moon

A Story by AK