Tears

Tears

A Story by AK

 

 
 
 
I attended my nephew's wedding a couple of years ago and I snapped this photo of the bride dancing the first dance at the reception with her father. What an amazing photo I thought. You can see the tears running down her cheek...

 
Tears are funny things aren't they?

They spring forth when we least expect them. But at other times they hide away. They come when we are happy and sad. They often flow in prayer when we are seeking for the needs of others or ourselves. Or even just in worship (my favorite). Often they join us when we are sitting quietly in meditation. They even come when we experience something so beautiful that we cannot contain it. Perhaps a piece of music. Or even just a thought or precious dream carefully guarded deep within our hearts
.

 
Tears can mean so much.
 
 And we always feel better after they have visited, regardless of the reason. I think it's important to have a good cry every now and then. Yes, even us men. I still remember a hard lesson God taught me years ago. I was terribly bashful and refused to yield to His gentle touch in prayer. I didn't want anyone to see me cry. So He withheld those tears for a time. I was soon pleading for His touch again... and, of course, He answered. I have never been concerned about people seeing me cry in prayer since.

 
When God touches your heart who cares who sees you or what they might think?  When you are kneeling at His feet He is the only one who matters. I cherish those tears now. I always will. In fact there's a scripture in the Bible that says He bottles up our tears and saves them (Psalms 56:8). What a beautiful thought.

 
I want my bottle to be full when I get "home".
 

 

© 2009 AK


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So moving....The brides face says it all. We have all been there at some time or other, whether witnessing or experiencing it. It is a painful yet happy time and you, by putting these warm words together, have included both....so very aptly might I add. Thank you for sharing this with us. God Bless you. Babsie Bee xx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you for sharing such a touching moment. You gotta love those snapshots of life, the love is pouring out of her :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


There was a time when tears were collected in pretty bottles, like perfume bottles and treated as precious. Yes, tears are very valuable and when the woman washes the Lord’s feet with her tears it is washing it with the precious flow of her soul. I get tearful when I see people do good things for others; it is like a glance at divinity! Even if someone appreciates me for having done something good for them or others, that could get at my tears. The rough edge of life for me is not a tear jerker! Really liked what you shared!

Posted 13 Years Ago


So moving....The brides face says it all. We have all been there at some time or other, whether witnessing or experiencing it. It is a painful yet happy time and you, by putting these warm words together, have included both....so very aptly might I add. Thank you for sharing this with us. God Bless you. Babsie Bee xx

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They spring forth when we least expect them. But at other times they hide away. They come when we are happy and sad. They often flow in prayer when we are seeking for the needs of others or ourselves. Or even just in worship (my favorite). Often they join us when we are sitting quietly in meditation. They even come when we experience something so beautiful that we cannot contain it. Perhaps a piece of music. Or even just a thought or precious dream carefully guarded deep within our hearts.

OH WORSHIP TEARS! I had hardly ever experienced these until we joined our current church....now they are frequent for my whole family. They are like no other tears. I love this whole piece but I really smiled when I read the paragraph above.
And the picture....exquisite.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love that scripture, about the bottle of tears. It has comforted me so many times in my times of anguish - that God will not forget a single tear that I have shed.

Just a story about tears......now how often does one read that? I read an article many years ago about a study done on tears and how they release toxins and chemicals that make us feel bad. They're very necessary. I'm sorry that our society sees it as a sign of weakness.....what a crock!

Thanks for this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I always find the most beautiful thoughts by your side . . .

this is no exception.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful photo, and beautiful words to appropriately accompany it :)

Nice

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
7 Reviews
Added on February 20, 2009
Last Updated on February 20, 2009

Author

AK
AK

AK



About
If you haven't visited my Alaska... well... well... shame on you : >) Small brook just outside of Woodstock, Vermont. October 14, 2010 "Oh... that feels so good" - May 17, 2009 .. more..

Writing
Just One Just One

A Poem by AK


Blue Moon Blue Moon

A Story by AK