Chapter 1. The amazing auctiion off

Chapter 1. The amazing auctiion off

A Chapter by aleexbabee
"

Feeling sorry for her grandfather as he is having problems selling his items, Dorothy uses her brilliant mind to sell his products and have a little fun!

"
"And the winner is, Sir John Rose Jr and his lady  Lucinda Smith". The man holding the charity event called out to the crowd. It's 1964 and my mother and father are one of these charity events in search for ancient artifacts that they can add to their magnificent collection. Maybe i should tell you who i am first. My name is Dorothy Diana Rose, i am eleven years old and daughter to Sir John Rose Jr and Lucinda Smith. I have long, strawberry blonde hair with big blue eyes. I look a lot like my mother and a little like my father.
Anyway, i am sitting underneath my grandfathers table where he is trying desperately to sell his mothers glass bowls with a golden rim and his great-grandfathers British clock that makes a horrible noise every hour.  "Where are you my little dumpling, i need your help". He chuckled when he looked underneath his table. "Oh, grandfather you found me! i am such a silly goose". I laughed and climbed from beneath the table. I looked out amongst the crowd of costumers crowding around each table. They were hungry seagulls on a hot summers day, crowding around the beach waiting for food. Sadly, No one had taken much interest in my grandfathers items, except one lady whom hair reminder me of a sewers rat and was wearing an extremely furry scarf. Of course my grandfather tried to act so kindly to her but refused to sell his bowls for only two pennies and a quarter.
"Grandfather", i asked, "Do you think i can help you sell these products?".i asked ever so sweetly in hope that he would agree. "My Dorothy, i would be happy if you helped". He smiled at me, his granddaughter which he loved so much. I stood there, in my navy blue dress, and thought. You see, my mind has a wonderful sense of humor and thinks up ridiculous ideas which seem to help in situations with no hope, just like this one. Yes! i got it. I breathed in a lot of air, "Excuse me!". I yelled, though no one seemed to hear. I knew that i was to little to grab any ones attention. I climbed up onto the table and yelled in my biggest voice, "Step right up and grab amazing items!". As i took a deep breath i could see costumers looking at me and my grandfathers table. I smiled. "Don't go using ridiculously dirty bowls to eat your food with, just grab my grandfathers clean bowls with beautiful gold lining and dine with joy and cleanliness". I took another breath. Everyone was looking and even some seemed to be discussing prices. I knew most of them probably were only looking because they've never seen a young girl standing on a table screaming. They probably thought i was a loony! "How about those early morning, if you need to wake up and feed your animals or have doctor appointments, never be late with this brilliant British clock. Absolutely wonderful!". That was all i could think of but apparently it worked because everyone was swarming around my grandfathers table like a pack of wild geese. Grandfather gave me an appreciative smile. "5o pence". Someone yelled! "2 pounds". Someone else yelled. Eventually everyone was roaring with offers but grandfather finally sold his bowls for 4 pounds and his clock for 15 pounds which was amazing. He was the richest at the end of the day and for all the help i gave he gave me twenty pence and a shilling. I felt so special.
My mother and father walked over to us with there winnings which were a painting from ancient Greece and a feathered hat which was simply beautiful, worn by the queen herself. Of course it's extremely rare to find such items at a charity event but that's what my parent like to do. Once they reached us i was given a hug and a lecture for standing on a table but then we were all smiling and got into our carriage and went home.


© 2010 aleexbabee


Author's Note

aleexbabee
I know it's small but its a start, and please if i have switched from first person to second tell me and tell me where, thankyou!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on June 7, 2010
Last Updated on June 7, 2010


Author

aleexbabee
aleexbabee

SYD!!, you dont need to know!!, Australia



About
heey im alex and i am 14 years of age. I live in australia with a huge family, i started writing when i was about 9 and i absolutly love it. I am rather good and have won a few competitions due to my .. more..

Writing