Lesson learned

Lesson learned

A Poem by Alea Faith Ridgley

Your promises keep getting sweeter,although they are not real,
I listen as you speak because I love the way they make me feel!
One lie on top of another finds it's way to my heart,
I keep on letting you lie,hoping one day the truth will find a start.
Everytime you lie,I try so hard too get mad,
Instead I silently cry because I have fallen into stupid love. Is that love? Or is it me being naive. I should let you and your lies go. I want you to go far away from me. I shouldn't of said yes to you from the very start.

© 2013 Alea Faith Ridgley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Often times it's the funny moments from the past that tend to keep us involved with someone who may not be good for us. Or it could be their pleas to keep the relationship going. Looks can also jade our decision-making skills. But I've discovered that no matter how good looking someone is, they may not be the best choice when it comes to finding a boyfriend/girlfriend.

This could hurt a great deal. There's no denying that. Taking things slow in the beginning is always helpful but sometimes we feel if we wait too long they may find someone else. It's a difficult process and we all go through it. Overall, we must do what's right.

Good poem Alea.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Stupid love...sometimes I think they are all stupid...am I jaded?...LOL
This is nice Alea....honest...
Very much enjoyed this.

Scott

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is very interesting. you can tell the narrator is young, and experiencing the kind of love that makes you stupid, and angry, and torn up inside for the first time. very heartbreaking.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: #relationships #teenagelove #che


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Illusions? ~ Illusions?

A Poem by