Hung over you

Hung over you

A Story by alex.rollet

My head is still pounding from last night. I must've skipped the glass step and directly drank the whole bottle for my body having to experience this amount of pain. I remember drinking to get away from the pain, how ironic. I decide to stay in bed, hoping time will finally transport me to this much needed state of calming rest. I lay my head back down and close my eyes as my heavy eyelids struggle to stay opened. My mind slowly drifts off, dazed. My focus shifts from trying to fall asleep to a painful memory steadily waking up in the back of my head. Something strong inside of me tries to block but my body lacks the strength. Behind my shut blood-shot eyes flash memories of us. What seemed like a lifetime away is now rushing back to my present seconds. The flashes turn into a series of pictures, building back this picture-perfect memory I had spent so long resenting and pushing away. My other senses heighten as my vision turns to complete darkness. I can almost feel you breathing next to me; almost see the flicker in your eyes shining through; almost hear you whisper in my ear the words I long to hear; almost touch the warmth of your skin embracing mine. I can almost imagine it never ended.

© 2015 alex.rollet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You can really feel the pain in this story, through your use of diction. A few grammatical errors but other than that is very good and relatable.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
1 Review
Added on December 1, 2015
Last Updated on December 1, 2015

Author

alex.rollet
alex.rollet

Paris



About
A piece of paper and some ink are the key elements to the survival of creativity. more..

Writing