The boy

The boy

A Story by alicemay

He was the boy who everybody knew. Loud, confident, determined to be the centre of attention. Nothing phased him, and he didn’t care what people thought about him. So long as they did think of him. He was the type of person that you just knew would be famous one day. He couldn’t not be, with an attitude like that.
And oh my god, did I fall for him.
I wasn’t the only one, obviously. He’d already worked his way through plenty of girls. He had a way of charming anyone he spoke to, making them feel special, getting them exactly where he wanted them.
What was it exactly that made him so attractive to them? He had such soft hair, brown, cut short, but with a floppy bit at the front where it was curly. He had eyes so brown they were almost black, big wide eyes, that would look at you in that way that made you feel so unsettled. And that smirk, the one that made it clear he knew just how crazy for him you were. He was different to everyone else. And oh did he make sure you knew it. He definitely prided himself on being different. He dressed like he thought he was an extra in ‘This Is England’. Oxblood Doc Martens, Fred Perry polo shirts, braces, the turned up jeans. He was in a band too, obviously, Aren’t they always? Not just any band though. A Ska band. One that liked to make sure they played music all other people their age didn’t know. Or so they liked to say.
He could have anyone he wanted. And he did have everyone he wanted. They told me right from the start, that when he see’s something he wants, he’ll make sure he gets it. Or them, as it usually was. I never stood a chance.
He was the first boy to tell me I was beautiful. And he made it seem that he meant it. He made me feel I was the most important girl in the world. He made me feel special. But I guess that’s how he made every girl feel.
Did he only want me because I was someone else’s? Possibly. Probably.
I suppose he just wanted to prove that he could have anything, or anyone, he wanted. That nobody could stop him getting what he wanted. Maybe it was more about those two than it ever was about me. About proving himself to be more than him, making sure that it was clear who the leader was, showing himself to be on top. Maybe it was all just a game to him.
I thought that he’d fix me. That he’d steal me away to a happy ending. Stupid girl.

© 2016 alicemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on December 4, 2016
Last Updated on December 4, 2016
Tags: love, heartbreak, love story, romance

Author

alicemay
alicemay

Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
The Change The Change

A Story by alicemay