chapter 1

chapter 1

A Chapter by Alison Martin Lloyd

Sprinting to the car, I held two heavy bags in my hands and the car keys in the other. I felt so stupid for locking the car earlier. My fingers fidgeted around with the keys, straining to find the right one. After a brief struggle I found them and pushed down the button franticly. Despite the fact I had done this many times, every time I did it I felt worried and guilty. I never chose to do it. I was forced. I wish i could have stopped a long time ago but it wasn't that easy, but today I was going to end it. It was going to be my last mission. I grabbed the door and opened it, threw the bags on the seat next to me and hopped in. My fingers shook and my chest pulsated rapidly as again I tried to find the keys to start the engine. I shoved them into the key hole and twisted. The engine roared. I had so little time until the police arrived and began chasing me. Forgetting to close the door, I pushed the gas pedal down, after changing the gear from park to drive. The door hitting against the wind caused by the speed, slammed shut as I zoomed past the cars, leaving the bank behind. I thought I could get lost between the cars and drive at a normal speed if the police still hadn’t arrived; there they were behind me, their sirens blasting across the road speeding towards me. I prayed that the traffic light would stay green until i passed it. “please green, green, green,” I muttered. I added more force on my legs, speeding up, trying my best to avoid crashing, shifting from lane to lane. I glared at the green light. I was close. A few more seconds. Orange. Come on, i was getting closer. Red. Cursing my luck, I turned the steering wheel left and now two of my wheels were on the the road and the other two were on the pavement, crushing all the beautiful plants, which must have taken ages to grow. I felt bad. Again. I added more pressure on my foot, the speed passing the limit: 80 mph. I tried to keep stable but my arms were shaking way too much for me to be able to drive, I had to stop and quickly before I crashed into someone and died. I went faster. I know going faster just increased the chance of my death but decreased the chance of being caught. I had to hurry before the helicopters arrived and before they closed the roads. In front of me were cars driving horizontally, I had to get through them, it was the fastest way. Quickly I scanned the road. Nothing I could use. I swore. I had to run. Making sure the police cars got trapped behind in the sea of cars, I blocked their path. I reached out for the bags, slung them over my shoulders, opened the doors and got out. The car didn’t matter since it wasn’t mine, well it was but I hadn’t payed a single note of money for it. Let’s just say they were giving it away for free. My legs sprinted between the narrow gaps separating  the cars, circumventing crashing into them. More like they crashing into me. I was done. I ran onto the safe pavement and from there i headed to my place after loosing the police. I was done. I let out a sigh of relief, my whole body relaxed on the couch. Everything: Fear, guilt, anxiousness had disappeared. I was secure. But I was not done yet.



© 2017 Alison Martin Lloyd


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on June 24, 2017
Last Updated on June 24, 2017


Author

Alison Martin Lloyd
Alison Martin Lloyd

BRIGHTON, East Sussex, United Kingdom



About
I love stories, I write short stories for children mainly. I use to write a lot of poetry and I'm now starting to get back into it again. I'm currently working on some new ideas. I also love spiritual.. more..

Writing