Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Alina_M

Birmingham, Alabama, 1902

 

Time was a blur to me�"flashing before my eyes. During my frequent short period of sanity, I remembered glimpses of what I’ve done, what I’ve become. I remembered the blood, the screams, the panic cries, the plea for mercy, but for most of the times, I only remembered darkness, pain, and blood. I mentally shook myself and growled. Reaching out with my mind, I pushed the urge into Angelina’s mind to come to me. A moment later, the door to my room opened, and Angelina entered, a frown on her face. “Angelina,” I said cheerfully.

“Jordana,” she hissed. “What have you done to me?”

I looked at her, confused. “I have not the slightest inclination to what you are talking about, witch.” I smiled. “Free me, Angelina. If you don’t, I’m going to kill Olivia, and if you think I’m jesting, I’ll simply reach out with my mind and give her a headache. Soon after, it will look like she died of a brain hemorrhage.”

“I’ll do it,” she said quickly, her panic rising. “Leave my sister alone.”

“Free me, and I will.” Angelina put a hand into her pocket and pulled out a key. Fuming, she stomped over to me and stuck the key into each shackle. They fell to the floor with a loud clang, and my hand shot out, yanking the necklace from Angelina’s neck. Before she could react, I stared into her eyes and let my compulsion wash over her. “Go back to what you were doing,” I said, handing the necklace back to her. “Take this and put it back on. I’ll see you in a few minutes,” I finished and released her. I followed her out the door and watched as she continued walking, turning the corner. Not a second sooner, Shilen came toward me from the opposite direction.

“Jordana,” Shilen said with a smirk. “Who let you out?”

I shrugged. “Does it matter?” She stopped before me and inclined her head. “Don’t you have somewhere to be?” I asked, sighing.

“Yes,” she drawled. “I do have somewhere to be.”

“Don’t let poor me stop you then.”

“Get back into the room,” she snapped.

“Why?” I asked, arching an eyebrow. “Are you afraid I’m going to escape?”

“Fine, don’t. Walk around, I don’t care,” she snarled and flashed away.

I made my way down a hallway lit up by several torches on either side. I smiled to myself. It was time for Eleanor to die. Her death was way overdue. Now if I only knew where she is, I thought and inhaled deeply. I fingered the spiked collar around my neck and chuckled. A barbed collar switched out for a spiked one. What’s next? I wondered and stopped before a door. I pushed open the thick wood and stepped inside. The witch, Angelina, looked up from staring at the six candles in front of her. She gasped and put out a hand. I flashed to her and clamped a hand tightly over her mouth. “No,” I said slowly, barely shaking my head from side to side. “If you utter a single word of that spell, I’m going to kill your precious little sister,” I hissed softly. She gulped and dropped her hand to the table. I smiled and took a step back from her.

“Jordana,” Angelina said in a shaky voice.

“Angelina,” I said and picked up one of the candles. “Are you meditating?”

“Yes,” she said and took in a deep shuddering breath. “I am.” I smiled and blew out the flickering flames before setting the blue candle back on the table. “You shouldn’t be up and wandering about.”

“Oh,” I said with interest. “Why shouldn’t I be? It’s not like I’ll be able to leave in the first place.” I stepped closer to her. “Trust me,” I hissed. “I’ve tried.” I reached out a hand and played with the gold chain around her neck. She stiffened at the touch of my cold fingers, and I smirked. “Tell me,” I whispered.

“I can’t.”

“Can’t?” I growled, my hand stilling on the side of her neck.

“I can’t, she’ll kill me.”

“Oh,” I said with a sigh. “That’s too bad.”

Her eyes widened. “What are you saying?”

“I wonder,” I said thoughtfully. “This necklace of yours, does it lose its enchantment over time? Or is it a permanent thing?”

“Jordana, please, don’t do this.”

I stroked a finger over her carotid artery and giggled. “Do what?” I asked, looking at her with confusion.

“Please don’t take my necklace.”

I frowned. “Why would I do such a thing?” She looked at me pleadingly. I sighed. “This necklace protects you from my compulsion, but I wonder if it will protect you from this.”

“From what?” she squeaked and jerked away from me. In answer, I pushed into her mind. I laughed, as she fell to the floor with her arms around her head. She screamed, as I sifted through her memories. “Please,” she begged, blood trickling from her nose. “Stop, please stop.”

“Oh, but I’m not done yet,” I said, still laughing as images of her sacrificing humans played in my own mind. I quickly flipped through her thoughts until I found what I was looking for. “Vampires,” I said and clapped my hands together. I slipped out of her head, excitement coursing through me. “Shilen is capturing vampires now,” I said with glee. “This is going to be wonderful.” I bent and yanked her necklace from her.

“No,” she gasped and squeezed her eyes shut.

I laughed. “Open your eyes, Angelina. Or I’m going to find Olivia and snap her pretty little neck.”

“Why are you doing this?” she asked and moaned. She opened her eyes, and I smiled.

“No, no,” I sang under my breath. “I have a better idea,” I said, stroking her cheek with a finger. Her whole body trembled, and her blue gaze full of hate glistened with tears. “I’m going to make you kill your own sister,” I whispered and smiled, a split second before her expression blanked of all emotion, as my compulsion hit her. “But first, you are going to tell me where Eleanor is. She and I have some… unfinished business to settle.”

“She is in the garden,” Angelina said in a bored tone.

I smiled. “You are going to call her back inside. I’ll be waiting, and you will not inform her of my presence. Is that understood, my sweet, precious witch?”

“Yes.”

I grinned and picked up her necklace, putting it around her neck and snapping the clasp together. “Go now,” I said and released her.

“So quiet,” I said under my breath a few seconds later. “So, quiet,” I sang and cross the spacious room to the window. I pulled back the heavy curtain and peered out. I stared into the distance, no road to be seen. I sighed and looked up at the sky. Why wasn’t there ever any comet? Or a god damn wishing star? Was it too much to ask for? A little sign of hope in this hellhole? I watched, as the orange glow of the rising sun slowly crept across the sky. By the end of the week, I was going to be somewhere else, in a different state. What would I give just to go a night without pain? Without hearing Shilen’s grating voice? Without my brain being fried? I’d give anything, just to slip into torpor for a year. And then, and only then, will my poor mind be at peace. I didn’t have to watch the outside world change around me, while I was stuck in my little magical prison. Oh how I despise witches. If the prissy little b*****s couldn’t control me, who do they bring in? A god damn motherfucking necromancer. “Kieran,” I spat. If I somehow broke free of Shilen’s hold, I was going to have his brain on a f*****g platter. I lowered my gaze from the sky and slowly turned, letting the curtain fall back into place as footsteps sounded from the hall. I moved to a shadowy corner of the room and stood very still, not a single breath leaving my body.

“What is this about?” Eleanor huffed in clear annoyance.

“I need help with a spell,” Angelina said calmly, but I could detect fear in her voice, and I could taste it. It was… exhilarating.

“What spell?”

Angelina took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. “A holding spell.”

“Angelina,” Eleanor said, stopping in the doorway. “This whole building is full of spells and enchantments. What do you need a holding spell for?”

Angelina stepped into the room and walked to the table. “Remember what Shilen told us?” she asked, lighting the blue candle I blew out earlier with a snap of her fingers.

Eleanor walked into the room, closing the door behind her. She leaned a hip on the table and smirked. “Ah, that. I remember now.” I eyed the silver ring around her pinky and smiled. That compulsion ring must come off, I thought, and launched myself at the witch. Eleanor screamed as I tackled her. She grabbed hold of my collar and yanked. The short burst of pain that went off when I launched myself at her, exploded in my skull. My hand around her left wrist, and gasping, I pulled the ring from her finger. My body contorted, and I met her panicked, furious gaze.

“Stop,” I snarled. Eleanor froze, her hand dropping from the collar. I rolled off of her and stared at the ceiling, panting as blood pooled around me. Angelina shook herself from her shocked state and rapidly spouted something. A ball of purple light shot toward me, and I screamed, curling into myself.

“Release her!” she shouted as I clutched the ring in my hand. My free hand shot out and grabbed her ankle, yanking her to the floor and disrupting the second incantation. Heaving for breath, I painfully pulled her closer, until I could reach for the necklace around her neck. I pulled it from her and threw both ring and necklace onto the table, barely missing the candles. I slowly moved into a sitting position and looked Angelina in the eye.

“You’ll be silent until I’m done with Eleanor. Got it?” I hissed.

“Yes.”

I grunted, slowly getting to my feet. “Eleanor,” I said, the pain slowly receding. “Get up.” Eleanor got to her feet, and I smiled, walking over to her. “Now, when I release you, you’re not going to cast any spells, or scream for help, and you’re going to do everything I say. You’re going to answer all of my questions. Is that clear?” I asked and looked around the room.

“Yes,” Eleanor replied in a monotone.

I growled as I spotted a twelve-inch ceremonial knife on top of one of the shelves. Perfect,” I said and giggled. I walked over and picked it up. “First,” I continued, walking back to Eleanor. “When will Shilen be back?”

“Nightfall.”

“Wonderful!” I exclaimed and held out the knife to her. “Take it.” Eleanor took the knife from my outstretched hand, and I dropped into a chair behind me. I sighed. “Tell me again why you can’t take this collar off of me?”

“I can’t because I was compelled not to. And if you force me, I’ll die before I finish saying the first word of the spell.”

“Really? Did she also compel you to put some kind of death spell on yourself?”

“Yes.”

“What happens if the spell is triggered?”

“My heart will explode from my chest.”

I sighed. “What a pity, though I love to see it for myself. Perhaps at another time,” I said and released her from my compulsion. “Now then,” I said and blew out the candles, plunging the room into complete darkness. Eleanor’s heart pounded loud in my ears. She whimpered, and I took a moment to enjoy it while it last. Fear poured off of her in waves, and I licked my lips. I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. “If any servant comes looking, you’re going to stab each one of them in the throat, and then you’re going to kill them with magic if they don’t die fast enough for my liking. Do you have all of that?” I asked sweetly. She nodded jerkily, unable to form words. “Good, good, good,” I said in excitement. “How long has it been since you all captured me? Has it been a century?” I waited, and laughed when I got nothing but whimpers. “During those many years of nothing but repetitive frying of my poor brain, I got extremely bored. So you will be my entertainment of the day. You along with Olivia, and speaking of, where is she?”

“In the library,” Eleanor squeaked, and I smiled.

“Excellent. Now, I want you to take that lovely beautiful knife and slowly drive it, inch by inch, into your stomach. You will not stop until the hilt is all that can be seen.” Eleanor slowly drove the blade into her stomach and gasped in pain, as blood began to pour from the wound. “Brilliant!” I said cheerfully as tears ran down her face.

“Why are you doing this?” Eleanor cried out and swayed on her feet.

“Because,” I said, giggling. “I want to. I want you dead, and I want your brain.” Her pained sob filled the room, and she finally fell to the floor, her hand sticky with her own blood. I sighed in pleasure�"going back to 1888�"my very first taste of the cauliflower-like organ. Veronica was her name. During one of my episodes, I’d killed her, and I apparently took a large bite out of her brain before it dissolved in my hand. The next thing I knew, I had the witch’s whole life in my head, and a surge of power came over me, strengthening me both physically and mentally. Over time, I found that my power over such things like telekinesis became stronger, and my strength, speed, senses became more enhanced. Too bad it didn’t help much in the insane department. I snapped myself back to reality and found Eleanor still sobbing and bleeding to death. I smiled when I couldn’t see any part of the gleaming blade. “Well done,” I said and inhaled the delicious scent of witch blood. “Now pull out that knife and stab yourself in the leg, preferably your inner thighs.” I got up and crouched beside her. Eleanor gave a small scream as she followed through with my command. “Too bad I can’t have you do more,” I said and leaned over her. “All this blood is making me very, very hungry.” I lowered my mouth to her neck and growled, licking at her fading pulse. “So sweet,” I said and sank my fangs in deep, draining what was left of her. Swallowing my last mouthful, I got up and walked to Angelina, who didn’t move an inch from where she laid, prone on the floor. “Get up,” I said, licking the remaining blood from my lips. Angelina got up, and I nodded to the door. “We’re going to pay your sister a visit, and you are going to kill her when I tell you to. Also, you will not scream for help or cast any spells my way until your sister is dead, and you’ll do everything I say. Do you understand?”

“I understand.”

I smirked and pointed to her necklace on the table. “Grab it and put it on.” While she did that, I walked back to Eleanor and ripped her head from her shoulders. I quickly extracted the brain and devoured it. I closed my eyes and shuddered as all of Eleanor’s memories bombarded me. I held back the urge to bang my head against something hard. Instead, I shook my head, snarling as pain stabbed through my skull. When it was over, I waved to Angelina and pointed to the door.

Out in the hall, I once again inhaled deeply. I looked down at myself and grimaced. Like always, I was completely covered in blood. I glanced at a seething Angelina and smiled. “Start walking, witch.” She started walking, and I followed. A servant rounded the corner and stopped abruptly in shock. “Kill him,” I said cheerfully. “Now.” The male human took in a deep breath to scream, but it was too late, as Angelina hit him with a ball of red light. I kicked the human out of the way and went up a flight of stairs. We turned left and stopped before a partially closed door. I looked back at the trail of blood and thought about getting on my hands and knees to lick up the wasted red liquid. I sighed and shrugged, putting a hand on the doorknob. I pushed open the door, and I gestured Angelina inside. Olivia gasped when she caught sight of her sister, covered in blood.

“Angel!” Olivia exclaimed. “What happened to you?” Her eyes met mine, and she screamed. Loud. I laughed, as seven witches ran, slipping and sliding up the stairs. The first spell hit me from behind, and I flew screaming through the air. I crashed through the wall to land hard in the lit fireplace. Blinding pain consumed my whole body as my skin sizzled and more spells struck me full on. I roared and rolled out of the fire. Along with pain, rage boiled up inside me, and I screamed. I screamed until the room practically shook on its foundation. I lunged for Olivia and drove my fangs into her neck. I quickly drained her as Angelina screamed. I gasped for air as my vision dimmed to pinpricks. The necromancer came into view, and I hissed.

“Kieran!” I screamed and launched myself at him. The necromancer caught me effortlessly and pounded my head into the wall, knocking me out.

I opened my eyes to find myself back in shackles and chains. I curled my upper lip from my fangs and snarled. Night must have fallen, because Shilen was once again, standing in front of me. “Don’t you have something better to do?” I hissed.

“You killed Eleanor and Olivia,” she said calmly.

I laughed, a little hysterically. “I did, and I enjoyed every single second of it.” Shilen snarled, and I hissed as she mentally smacked me upside the head. “What’s wrong? Were they your favorite? I am so, so sowwy.” She screamed and pulling out a blade from somewhere, stabbed me in the chest and through my heart, paralyzing me. If I could move, I’d bang my head into the wall behind me. “Oh,” I said, staring at her. “Kill me. I gladly welcome death. It is so much better than having to look at you.” Growling, she yanked the blade out, and I smirked.

“I will not give you the satisfaction of death,” she hissed.

I pouted. “Well f**k,” I muttered. “That sucks.”

“You damn right,” she snarled.

“So,” I said and tried not to laugh. “Did you capture a vampire for me? Does this mean I get to have a roommate?”

“No!” she shouted and yanked on my collar, slamming me against my restraints. I screamed, as pain ripped throughout my whole body. I screamed, until darkness once again claimed me.



© 2013 Alina_M


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on September 14, 2013
Last Updated on September 14, 2013


Author

Alina_M
Alina_M

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Alina_M


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Alina_M


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Alina_M