Changing Emotions

Changing Emotions

A Poem by Alisa Js

soaring smiles
clouds of doubt appear
falling frowns

© 2015 Alisa Js


Author's Note

Alisa Js
Senryu (3/3/3) 12.13.06

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am not so sure about the way the lines transition; but I must confess that I am intrigued by the juxtaposition within it. Not to mention the bonus of Alliteration between the first and third line. Just a suggestion, how about changing the second line to be "Clouds of Confusion" or "Clouded Confusion"? Not only does it further develop the alliteration, but it also makes it less about an image, and more of an impression. With so few words, the importance lies within the impact and nuance of, and between, lines. The usage of "Doubt appear" causes an awkward flow (in my personal opinion) since it deviates stylistically, not just in the lack of alliteration (which could be considered arguably gimmicky) Rather, the main reason I say this is that the first and final line focus on an image and the emotions which seem to embody them, the second line rather uses the verb 'appear' which gives it an action. Somehow I feel the senryu would be more poignant if the action was conveyed in the spaces between the lines. Hahah, I must sound insane, rambling over so few words. But it is difficult to carry a Japanese nuance into an English poem. Oh, and your author's note shows 3/3/3 rather than 3/5/3. So far I am enjoying your interpretations of the senryu.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
~~ excellent work... you really captured the transition very well...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alisa Js

9 Years Ago

Thank you again, serah

Alisa💫
.

9 Years Ago

~~ you're very welcome, dear alisa... :)
love the layered metaphorical work here Alisa -

weathering the storms
thunderous applause from me
sunny skies forecast

Posted 9 Years Ago


Alisa Js

9 Years Ago

Hello again ANTO,

Thank you so much for the clever senryu 😃. You are quite the talen.. read more
you are really good at these senryus, Alisa.

those falling frowns, smiles that are upside down.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Alisa Js

9 Years Ago

Thank you jacob😃

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2015
Last Updated on February 1, 2015

Author

Alisa Js
Alisa Js

honolulu, HI



About
We meet here for such a time as this. more..

Writing
Gifts Gifts

A Poem by Alisa Js



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Twisted Twisted

A Poem by Alisa Js