Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The First Stroke of Dawn

The First Stroke of Dawn

A Chapter by a-little-disaster
"

TRIGGER WARNING- BLOOD DESCRIPTION Chapter One of Yellow-Eyed Girl

"
Bell's hands gripped the jagged rocks, sweat resting on the furrow of her brow. The sky had been swathed in an array of gold and orange tones as she had finally returned from her hunt. To her surprise, it had been successful, notably from the gracious weight the rabbit carried. She looked down at the rodent for a slight second, a minor thought of sorrow trickling over her head quickly abolished as she recalled how hungry her and her father had been. Winters had always been dreadful, but never this dreadful. As she quickly realized she was wasting her time, she gathered herself once more and started towards her home in the somewhat barren woods.
As the familiar hollow reappeared to her vision, she smiled slightly. The chill of winter had penetrated her skin where her prey's blood stained her clothes, but she did not mind that at the moment. Her father had told her that when she returned, they would cook whatever she caught, and a nice meal was hard to come by nowadays. The smile upon her face that had once just been small turned into a wide grin as she dashed to the back of the hollow where they made home.
"You wouldn't believe it, it's a mi-" She stopped, completely frozen behind a stone jutting out of the ground.

She remembered what her father had told her about the armed men who roamed the forest, and how they had heard of her kind. All of his warnings and precautions she tended to whenever she went out. But now, they had came to her, instead of her accidentally emerging upon them.

He was dead, laying in a pool of crimson waters spurting out of the various gashes he had upon his torso.


© 2015 a-little-disaster


Author's Note

a-little-disaster
TRIGGER WARNING- BLOOD DESCRIPTION

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on October 31, 2015
Last Updated on October 31, 2015
Tags: chapter-one, yellow-eyed, girl


Author

a-little-disaster
a-little-disaster

Classified, MS



About
Hello!~ My name is Mikayla and I take a very strong interest in descriptive writing, along with drawing and music. I love to be able to write among others and being able to share my works. ;u; more..

Writing