Broken

Broken

A Chapter by Emily

        

                        You wake up on the bathroom floor with a bad taste in your mouth,. As you spit the taste in the toilet, you attempt to stand. You stumble, and vertigo over takes you for only seconds, even though it seem to last for hours. When you are finally confident in your ability to stand, you try to brush your teeth, all while bracing yourself on the sink, just in case. As you move the tooth brush left and right, you try to recall how you ended up on the bathroom floor at all.

Then you remember. With the memory comes the paranoia strikes. Thought swirl in your head:

        

Was someone here last night? What if it happens again? What will you do? Will anyone                         be able to help me? Will anyone miss me? Should I ever leave the house again? Why                         were you ever so scared? Who's watching me? Is anyone really watching me at all? Am                         I just dreaming? When Will I wake up?

All of the sudden, you stop. You notice the face in the mirror starring back at you.

“surely thats not mine,” you say as you continue to stare. It looks so foreign to you, so new. As you stare, you lose yourself in it, trying to memorize it. You stroke your cheek, the mirror's face strokes its' cheek. You open your mouth, the mirrors mouth opens. You wink an eye, it winks an eye.

Your falling into a black hole of denial, and clawing at the smooth edge is futile. You glare at the mirror, and want to punish it for telling such a horrible lie. “It thinks I'm ugly, so it shows me an ugly face” you say, “it's just jealous” You want to punish it for its crime, so you grab a shampoo bottle, and wielding It like a club, you swing it at the mirror. It shatters on contact, falling so beautifully. The sound of dropping glass ringing off the walls of the closed room. As you stare at the remnants of the mirror, tears well in your eyes. The broken pieces glitter in the light, some of them so small they look like fairy dust.

“What's wrong with me?” You scream as you open the door and stagger into the hall. As your walking, a beeping noise emits from somewhere in the house, and you run screaming, and nearly hurl yourself down the stairs, and sprint out of the front door.

People stare, just as they did yesterday, only this time, you notice.

“there's a bomb in my house!” you shout, but they just shake there heads and continue walking. “ whats wrong with you people? Don't you care that you could die?” Again they only shake their heads at different times, as if they didn't all Hear you at once. All of them thinking the same thing.

“your crazy!” one woman finally says.

“Should I take you to the hospital?” Another man says

“No, let me!” says a man in a car.

You can't believe it. They're arguing about who is going to take you to the hospital.

“I'm Not Crazy!” You cry. As the lie comes out, you begin to sob.

                                          Have you gone crazy? You ask yourself. Or am I sane?

You run inside, thinking yourself mad. Your pride is severally hurt as you close the door. As you walk around your house, you notice a red light blinking.

From the phone.

“You idiot!” you exclaim, “how could you mistake your phone for a bomb?” Falling onto your knees, You begin to cry. At this point, you decide your crazy. Only a crazy person would be this hysterical.

You realze, you hear is just like the mirror.

Its all

             Broken.

 

 



© 2009 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was amazing. I truely enjoyed reading every word. It kept me wanting to read more and more. I loved this. Good Work!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 22, 2009
Last Updated on April 22, 2009


Author

Emily
Emily

MO



About
Been Writing all of my life, but my friend Lynda showed me this website, so I joined, because lynda is smart when it comes to places to post your writing. more..

Writing
Wanting Courtney Wanting Courtney

A Story by Emily


Regret Regret

A Poem by Emily


Untitle 2 Untitle 2

A Book by Emily