Punch

Punch

A Story by Allan
"

Northants Writers ink were set a challenge to write a piece using a randomly selected work 'Punch'

"

Punch


Punch liked entertaining children, but he was only in it for the money. He'd lay in bed night after night dreaming about how he could improve his act, but he never got the chance to. Every performance was the same, he sometimes felt he had no control.


The children seemed sadistic, initially startled when he went on stage, they quickly dropped their barriers and would shout at him. They ignored the quality of his performance and seemed to enjoy the cruelty. They would scream the same old thing ' He's behind you!' when Punch was sneaking up on people. Eventually, he hated them.


No, Alcohol was the main reason for the violence and the crime people seemed to think was 'entertainment'. Yeah, he had a red nose and yeah , he was anti-social but what of it. Even the police would let it happening in plain sight without saying anything.


Vodka and Soda was his favorite tipple, they could smell it on his breath, but always pretended it was 'The Glue?'


The Beach, the Vodka, and the Sun what more could you want.

© 2014 Allan


Author's Note

Allan
A twist on the traditional story

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014
Tags: Punch, Judy, Puppet, Sea. Vodka. Children

Author

Allan
Allan

Wellingborough, Non-U.S./Canadian, United Kingdom



About
I am someone with a lot of life experience. I have been working on several projects: a murder mystery, a gritty biography about my job as a teacher and some poems. I joined East Midlands writing group.. more..

Writing
Way Way

A Story by Allan


Lamp-Post Lamp-Post

A Story by Allan


Vicky. Vicky.

A Screenplay by Allan