The Best Sleep

The Best Sleep

A Story by Allie-Shea
"

A short fluffy, romantic story prompt.

"
There he stood at my door, in the rain and soaked. The expression on his face was apathetic and pleading for my forgiveness. He wanted me. He truly wanted me right then and there. Nothing was going to stop him from getting what he wanted. My bitter mood faded when I saw the redness in his eyes. Had he thought I wouldn’t, did he honestly believe the rain would hide his tears? I noticed, I always noticed the things he tired to hide; good and bad. He only breathed, “Sorry,” as he shivered. 

Pulling him into the warmth of my dark house. I wrapped him in a dry embrace. That was when I noticed the time. How late it had been…or early? Three in the morning was what the clock read, but my mind screamed it was only ten at night. Neither of us had slept, was he wake wallowing in depression as well? It was a possibilty. 
With sympathy I lead him to the couch and demanded him to sit. Sauntering to the laundry room I grabbed an ivory towel that had just came out of the drier. I cleaned when I couldn’t sleep; I handed the smooth ivory cloth to him the silence of our breath was screaming what we felt. While he started to dry himself I made my way across the dark living room into my own bedroom. Where I then grabbed the spare pair of clothing I almost threw out during the fight, I was now glad I didn’t. 

He changed into the fresh dry clothing and I gave him a blanket. Falling onto the couch I figured he was tired and we’d sort out everything in the morning. Though he did something I didn’t expect. He pulled me in, with sad puppy eyes and clung to me like an child. 

He cried, and apologized over and over. 
The sincerity in his voice won me over, I believed him. I loved him. 
That night we slept together, in the most innocent of ways, under the single blanket, leaning on each other for support. The best sleep I’d ever have, was only going to be in his arms. I had then realized this, and the fight seemed like nothing more than just a bad dream as my eyes finally shut and my body felt the warmth of his…

© 2012 Allie-Shea


Author's Note

Allie-Shea
Ignore any grammatical errors. This was nothing more than a cute little prompt I wrote at a cafe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on September 10, 2012
Last Updated on September 10, 2012
Tags: love, romance, students, college, fight, angst, drama, hatred, new school, new kid, student, learning, blood, battle, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, young love, sex, teen, adults, crime, murder, illegal

Author

Allie-Shea
Allie-Shea

Pittsburgh, PA



About
Your average college student I suppose. Studying creative writing and fine arts. more..

Writing
Camera Camera

A Story by Allie-Shea


Below Below

A Story by Allie-Shea