Saying Goodbye is Never Easy

Saying Goodbye is Never Easy

A Chapter by AllyLynn

"I'll miss you too Brooke." I couldn't look him in the eye. Jake was my everything. We had been together for over a year and he was leaving in two days. Across the country, to California. I felt Jake's hand as he lifted my chin. "Hey, everything is going to be alright, I promise. It's only for 6 months. I'll be back before you know it." 
"A lot could happen in 6 months, Jake. I can't be certain we'll be the same people." He laughed. I looked up at him confused and worried. "What's so funny?" He smiled and kissed me. "You are Brooke. It's not like we're going to end up hating the other, 6 months from now. I'll come back and everything will go back to how it was before."
"How can you be sure?" 
"Brooke, I love you. Isn't that enough for you? I love you. I have since I first met you and I'll never stop loving you. I promise," he leaned in and kissed me softly and then again more passionately. I pulled away. "Don't forget me. Please promise me you won't forget me."
Once again he just laughed, "How could I forget you?" 
"Just promise me you won't forget me. Please." I knew long-distance relationships didn't usually work out. I had already figured that out before I met Jake. 
Daniel was his name. He went away on vacation for 2 and half months and came back engaged. Then I met Jake. It was the day of Daniel's wedding and I was a wreck. I went out to the store to get some ice cream so I could just sit at home and be lame and lazy. I ran into Jake with tears streaming down my face. He helped me pick out the ice cream, made sure I got home alright and sat through three chick-flick movies with me that night. We became friends soon after the whole ice cream wreck night and then later started dating. He really was everything. He was not like any other guy I had met before. I didn't want him to end up being another Daniel.
"Brooke, I will never forget you. I could never forget the way your eyes shine when you look at me. I could never forget how your brown hair flows down your back so perfectly. There is no way I could ever forget how you c**k your eyebrow when you get confused, or when you doubt something, or even when you try to get me to confess. I will never forget how perfectly your hand fits in mine or how your lips feel pressed against mine. There is nothing that could make me forget how you make me feel. You are amazing and I love you. I always will Brooke," he pulled me near and whispered, "I promise to never forget you. I never want to and I never will."
A part of me still was unsure, but I didn't want to ruin this moment. I wanted to cherish this time I had with him. I knew our lives would change in two days, no matter what Jake said to me, they were going to change. I could just tell.
Maybe things would be okay in the end. Maybe Jake was right about one thing, things could go back to how it was when he came home. Right? Of course they could! Why else would he say that? He must believe it. But as much as I wanted to believe him, I just couldn't. I was afraid of another Daniel situation. I'm not prepared for that. I can't lose Jake. I held onto Jake and whispered, "I love you Jake." 
He pulled away so he could kiss me. I didn't want this to ever end. I hoped that in six months, we would be here again, reunited and everything would be okay.
----------------------

Two days later, we were going through the same thing, "I love you Jake." He pulled away to kiss me. "I love you too, Brooke."
I didn't want this moment to end. I didn't want him to leave. "Everything will be okay. I promise. I'll be back before you know it. I won't forget you," he smiled and turned away and then he was gone. "I'll never forget you either Jake."


© 2012 AllyLynn


Author's Note

AllyLynn
This is my very first draft so be mindful of that. It still has a lot of things that need to be edited. Please let me know what you think though! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012


Author

AllyLynn
AllyLynn

UT



About
I used to love to write and haven't till recently wanted to start writing again. I love creating a story and I love being enticed into other's stories. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Book by AllyLynn