Good Golf Etiquette to Play By

Good Golf Etiquette to Play By

A Story by Althea Mann
"

Golf is indeed unique compared to other sports. It is one of the very few that does not use referees, umpires or judges to facilitate the game. Because of this, golfers must conform to a set of etique

"
Golf is indeed unique compared to other sports. It is one of the very few that does not use referees, umpires or judges to facilitate the game. Because of this, golfers must conform to a set of etiquettes to ensure that the game will run smoothly and will be enjoyed by everyone. When you take your golf vacation at Arizona, be sure to remember keep these tips in mind:

Practice safety. Make sure that no one would be hit by the club or the ball when you make your swing. Do not take practice golf swings in the direction of other people. You also have to check if the golfers ahead of you are not within reach of your shot. If ever they are, warn them by shouting “fore.”

Golf requires an intense amount of concentration. You must do your best to refrain from distracting other players. Do not make unnecessary noises or movements when someone is taking a shot. Turn off your cellular phones or keep them in silent mode. If ever you have to take a call, keep it brief as a courtesy to other players.

Keep your emotions in check. Whether it is a major tournament or just a game with your buddies, do not display outbursts of emotion by throwing clubs or barking profanities to offend other players. It can also ruin the game for everyone if you keep on sulking when you should be enjoying the game. Exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.

Do your share in maintaining the golf course. Repair divots, ball marks or patches on the grass caused by your shoes. Bunkers should also be repaired after you take a shot. Doing your share in caring for the course makes the game easier for everyone. Just think of how you would feel if you had to play at a spot that wasn't repaired. Also, keep your golf carts on the cart path.

Keep a good game pace. Golf courses in Arizona are very popular during winter season. As a result, you might have to share a course with a number of people. Maintaining a good pace is essential on the golf course. Always be ready when it is your turn. Keep up with the group in front of you. When you are lagging behind and there is an open hole, let the group behind you through. Do not search for a lost ball for more than five minutes.

Be courteous to other players and abide by these good golfing conducts. If everyone follows these, everybody will benefit and they can have a more enjoyable golf game.

© 2011 Althea Mann


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on November 17, 2011
Last Updated on November 17, 2011