Cool Down

Cool Down

A Poem by Lauren Beth

The moonlight is so bright

It’s a full moon tonight

The click clack of my flip-flops

Is the only sound in the deep silent night

The crisp autumn air feels good upon

My heated face, flushed with fury

Leaves rustle on branches, shivering

In the wind, it’s like I’m all alone

In the world, somehow it’s comforting.

Above, a ring of light in the dark,

Misty sky. A huge orb, circling the

Blazing white celestial body.

So quiet, peaceful- the world

In slumber around me,

helps my tortuous mind

Come to rest, cools my fervent heart

At least for a moment….

© 2009 Lauren Beth


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting piece, thanks for sending me a read request! You've got imagery down to a tea (tee?) (t?), well ,whatever; it's good. I love that. I'll be honest and say that I got a bit lost in the rhyme and rhythm, you start off quite strong with 'bright/tonight' and then it kind of disintegrates. It's a nice effect and can work quite well, but personally I wouldn't use it with this type of amazing imagery. Personal preference perhaps. :)
Good stuff!
Keep well,
Jaff

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ahhhhhh, the moon - i love the moon and you've explained my feelings in this beautiful post..

'So quiet, peaceful- the world / In slumber around me, / helps my tortuous mind / Come to rest, cools my fervent heart /At least for a moment�.'

It's true.. the moon and the night are like warm blankets, and, the peace is just lovely, can hear yourself think, feel yourself feel.

Thank you so much for sharing.


Posted 15 Years Ago


An amazing type of peace comes from knowing that while the rest of the world sleeps, you soldier on. Its kind of a lonely feeling, yet beautiful at the same time. I believe that nature is truly at its best when we are not there to tamper with it. So while everyone else wastes their nights in bed, we get to see nature in all of its wonder and be at peace with it. We form a special connection with the world when everyone else isnt there to distract and destroy, so i think i may understand where you are coming from on this poem. good job and great write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow glad you sent me this... I am a night person and just love the moon so this piece really hits home... what a beautiful description you invoke with this beautiful write.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 7, 2009

Author

Lauren Beth
Lauren Beth

NJ



About
I enjoy writing poetry, usually just what comes to me. I write for me, it's like just something that I need to get out. Whatever hits me at the moment I start jotting down, on sticky notes, napkins.... more..

Writing
Children Children

A Chapter by Lauren Beth



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..