People, Places, and Things

People, Places, and Things

A Story by Al Yerks

People, places and things, running through my mind today. So many people I think about on a daily basis, so many places I've been to or want to see. So many things I want, or already possess. I wish I could gather everyone together in one place, to visit, to catch up or just be together. Places of my past that hurt to think about, places I want to heal, and experience with different eyes.
Places in my future, I want to run to and experience now what they hold for me down the road. Things from my childhood I cherish today, and willingly carry into my tomorrow.

People, places, and things act as mile markers for our lives. As people from our past leave, the road ahead seems somewhat uncertain unless the marker they left for us is clear and precise. The places are the experiences we've had along the way that cause us to broaden our vision, and enables us to remain steadfast in our pursuit of a new horizon.
The things are what we have taken with us to illuminate even the darkest places.

People come and go, regardless of the length of their stay, the footprints they leave remain long after the waves have crashed the shoreline to saturate the sand. Places in our mind, where we run for solace, beckon us to come in the midst of life's clutter. The things are the nuggets of gold we carry in the pocket of our heart, who's value increases with the passage of time.

We all have people, places and things that make us who we are. But have you ever stopped to entertain the thought, that you are an important person, that you have created a safe place for others, and that you hold the things in your heart that others need and desire. It's a very simple yet profound dynamic, that we see the worth of others with clarity, and we struggle to see with that same clarity our worth to others. It's not egocentric to assume your place in the lives of others, it's essential.
Be that Person, in that Place, willing to offer all Things all the time.

© 2009 Al Yerks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true, people do come and go in our life and leave marks.
Rather if good or bad teh marks are. They are there.
This is a very well stated write here. I like what you had said here.


Posted 14 Years Ago


I absolutely love this. It has such a great message and is full of so many truths. I loved the line:
"People come and go, regardless of the length of their stay, the footprints they leave remain long after the waves have crashed the shoreline to saturate the sand."
Beautifully written. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 31, 2009

Author

Al Yerks
Al Yerks

Chappaqua, NY



About
I have always been an introspective person, but not until very recently have I had the courage to write and display my thoughts where others can see who I really am. I am not a trained writer, but I h.. more..

Writing
First Snow First Snow

A Story by Al Yerks



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sleep now. Sleep now.

A Poem by Mimi


Prisoner Prisoner

A Poem by adlong