Where's Kyle?

Where's Kyle?

A Chapter by Alyssa Mcilrath
"

chapter 3, Emma's POV (in progress)

"

When I notice the sun begins to set, I start to feel more energized and powerful. The temperature begins to drop almost instantaneously. The most frightening aspect of the forest is the fact that I do not know how deep inside of it I am, nor do I know of an exit. As I begin to walk about, I begin to hear wolves howling frenziedly. The cold forest air bore no disturbance to my already lifeless, and body-less spirit. 

Walking away from my spot of captivity, I briefly turn around and study it. This cabin was made of old rusted and splintered wood. It appeared to once have been a beautiful mahogany color, now faded after the test of time. Strangely, there were two large cracked windows in the front of the cabin. Looking through the glass, the only thing to be seen was darkness. The inside of the cabin was completely covered in concrete, baring no resemblance to the outside of the cabin. Surrounding the cabin were a multitude of weeds and shrubbery. Astonishingly enough, there was one elegant rose growing between the wreckage of the old splintered wood. I was left amazed and how something so marvelous could be at the scene of such heinous acts.

Walking away from the cabin, I grab my lipstick and make marks on rocks with the result that I will be able to find my way back to the murder scene. While wandering, I start thinking about my family. The day I was born was also the day my cocaine addicted mother decided she did not want a child anymore. Luckily for me, I was adopted by a mother and a father who had tried to procreate, but had no luck. My father was dismayed at the fact that I was not a product of his genes, making him flee mine and my adoptive mothers lives. Growing up with only a mother was something no child should ever endure. My mother was working two jobs in order to provide for my ever growing demands.



© 2016 Alyssa Mcilrath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016
Tags: #teenager, girl, goodbye, depressed, chrismccandless, ghost, scary, mystery, murder