Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Love Lost and Found

Love Lost and Found

A Story by Ambereen
"

A story about a geek and a sexy lass and their selfless love .

"


His thick black glasses always buried in books. People would call him “Google “for he knew it all. Chemistry formulae’s were on the tip of his tongue; he solved math problems like a wizard. A nerd in simpler terms Shane was.


On the other hand she was titillating. She detested books but knew all the latest trends in fashion. Svelte with a perfect figure of 36-24-36. . High heels, cosmetics, miniskirts were all her trademarks. The most desirable lass in the university was Mona.


Secretly Shane admired Mona. He loved helping her out with projects and homework or should I say she managed to use him for her advantage. Shane was in the habit of writing a personal diary he secretly called her “Golden girl “in it. He had fallen for her .He never missed a chance to be with her even it meant a few moments. But he was afraid if he confessed his love he would be rejected and lose a friend too.


University got done and they graduated. They were never in touch after that .Each one busy in their own life .


Shane still had the diary which had confessions about his Girl. Time had changed him a great deal too from a geek he was now a Man. An investment banker by profession he was now doing well for himself.

One day there was an advertisement in the paper saying that the university was holding a Reunion for its ex students. Shane jumped at the thought “May be I can meet her again.” The thought of meeting his Secret lover had him all excited about the event. He promptly booked passes for the event. “But, what if she had moved on?” “What if she is already committed?”  “Well, no harm going for the event he thought at least I could try.”


The reunion was one ostentatious event .The hall was decorated beautifully. The teachers and the principal greeted the students and played a perfect host. They had an audio visual presentation with memories of the past, a little documentary prepared by the staff. Each one was reminiscing the youth and those carefree days.


After which dinner was announced, the students caught up with old pals exchanged numbers and where about. While Shane was in the line for the banquet he saw Mira standing in front of him. She happened to be Mona’s best friend during university surely she knew how her “secret lover.” was. They exchanged pleasantries. “You have changed a great deal, Shane.” “ Well hope for the good young lady ? So are you in touch with any one from the batch ?” “ well no not really , just in touch with Mona .” This is all he wanted to hear . “ So how does she do ? Not seen her at the reunion has she come ?” “ No , Shane life took strange turns for her she is suffering a renal failure and is on dialysis , not in the pink of health I am afraid .” Without a second thought he asked where he could meet her .Mira  gave him Mona’s address and without wasting any time he landed at her place the next day .


As he rang her door bell his heart was pounding hard was he doing the right thing ? While thoughts raced his mind the door opened and she was standing in front of him . She was surprised to see him, at first she did not recognize him . After all he had changed for the better . Mona too was beyond recognition from the sexy lass to a weak frail woman with dark circles  under her eyes indicating lack of sleep. “ Life is not fair .”  he thought . She asked him to come inside and they chatted for hours .


Days passed and it was a routine for Shane to stop by Mona’s apartment after leaving from work. He realized she was single and had lost her parents a few years ago and now lived all alone.


One such evening when Shane was on his routine visit he confessed his love for her .” Yes , I love you and I am not saying so out of sympathy  for you . Each word is as true as our existence . My love for you is not from today it is from the university days .”  “ He showed her the diary which he had carefully kept may be just for this day .


She had tears rolling down her eyes . Words seemed to lose meaning and in the spur of the moment she kissed him passionately .The man who was Mr . Nobody till yesterday meant the world to her today . But she was worried about her health ,she could not do justice to their relationship because of it .


A few days later ,it was learnt that Mona had found a donor  for the kidney need I say who ? She gave her heart and he gave his ……


Yes that was the Reunion of the “Golden girl and the Geek .”

 

© 2013 Ambereen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ambereen,

Delightful; filled with intrigue. Dailog just right. Loved it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a great story, I wasn't sure where this was going at first...the geek and temptress, sounds like it could be a little ditty sung with a moral. Love the ending, very uplifting read. Nice one.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

short and to the point very impressive thoughtful made me think of someone i hold dear.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for the beautiful story. I like the way you led the reader with good description of life and dream through school then to life. I like the chance meeting and how he found her again. All of us have our Mona's. Sweet dreams in a life. Leave wished never fulfilled. A outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ambereen

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words ! I am new to story writing so the encouragement means a lot .

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 10, 2013
Tags: love story, reunion, Selfless, romance

Author

Ambereen
Ambereen

India



About
A Novice to poetry and a Chartered Accountant by profession . Recently i Stumbled on the fact that i could write a few lines with ease . So here i am, i would love all suggestions and reviews from .. more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by Ambereen


untitled untitled

A Poem by Ambereen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


SOLITUDE SOLITUDE

A Poem by Ambereen


DEATH DEATH

A Poem by Ambereen