I�m still looking for you

I�m still looking for you

A Poem by Imperfection
"

Still looking for you�even though I know that I�ll never find you.

"

 

Whenever love knocks

I pretend not to hear, for

In every man who

Holds my hand, I look for you;

You’re the one I wish to see.

 

© 2008 Imperfection


Author's Note

Imperfection
Tanka: Syllable count 5-7-5-7-7

Does anyone know if the word �every� (line 3, here) is made of 2 syllables or 3?
I tried to check with syllable-counters available online. They gave me different results.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this aloud 3 times, okay 4. I see the syllable count form for the poem above, I realize line 3 is supposed to be 5 syllables, but it sounds better to me with the extra beat... as if e-ve- ry were 3 syllables. Just personal preference.

I was thinking about the theme in this one. Longing. Longing to see that 'one' face in every other face. It caused me to think back and wonder if I have a face like that in the back of my mind somewhere. The only one I want to see in every other.

(see K squint eyes and shake head... ) You know I am not sure. I have been in many... way... waaay too many relationships. Searching through all of them I am not sure about the face. The only one that has remained a constant in any of them is mine... only now it's a middle aged face... blah. (K now sticks out her tongue)

I wonder if the 'one' face will ever materialize or if I will have to accept that it is only me that I have been waiting for all this time...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this is fantastic!!! :) i really love it. and i can relate.... i love the poignant way you placed this upon the page.

::sigh:: and don't worry too much about symbols, especially with words like 'every' and such - when performing, you often have the ability to make it either 2 or 3, but regardless, the reader will allow such thing :) at least, a nice reader haha :)

great job



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was lovely poem! :D And every is three syllables..

-Nicole

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this piece and yes i would say that "every" is 2 syllables. It flows better using 2 syllables.
Lots of feeling in such a small piece, I love those kinds of poems. Really good write : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your poems are filled with so much heart ache that they can be heart breaking to read - which is a good thing in my opinion because you share your feelings with the reader. Your emotions are strong and show through the words. A very powerful piece. Helped by the tagline 'Still looking for you�even though I know that I'll never find you'. Adds another dimension of sorrow to it.
Well done.
NH

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

831 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 29, 2008
Last Updated on November 7, 2008

Author

Imperfection
Imperfection

India



About
�Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a piece of blank paper until your forehead bleeds� - Douglas Adams. I am a woman in my 20's. I love writing...sometimes it doesn't.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..