Misguided

Misguided

A Chapter by Abigail Muddiman
"

300 Word Story

"

He sat, surrounded by underclassmen nothing short of idolizing him. After all, he was the person to be; his future was set, his life was perfect, he was essentially their god. That is, if God happened to be a six-foot-four blonde, brute looking high school football player who’s only goal in life is to be a billionaire and somehow convince a decent woman to be his trophy wife.

            They never said a word. The unspoken rule went like this: if God is talking, you don’t even breathe. Their faces turned blue with admiration and aspiration. Their eyes widened with anxiety as they realized that they would be in the presence of their idol for the rest of the school year. He continued to ramble about his signing and the college that desired him so much they awarded him with a full ride and starting position. The boys gawked at this news though everyone else present silently groaned. They knew the truth the player would never admit.

            His father, esteemed lawyer and successful business man at the startling age of 38, gently pushed the college to see his view of his son. “Drew Darwent is the next big star,” he urged the coach while quietly sneaking a very large and very encouraging donation under the table.

            Drew paused his blatant bragging for half a moment, just enough time to hear a very slight humming coming from the quiet girl sitting a few seats away from him.

            “Nikki’s so weird…,” one of the younger boys whispered before Drew rudely cleared his throat in her direction quite obviously.

            “Oh…sorry, Drew,” she nervously responded.

            He turned back to the boys to continue his bragging only to be interrupted by the exceedingly rude bell. His eyes narrowed at the ceiling, but no apology was received. 



© 2016 Abigail Muddiman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 3, 2016