10

10

A Chapter by Amy Cowan

I am not sitting on a chair in a straightjacket. I thought that when I got out of that evil house I'd be saved. I wish that door had just killed me. There's a lady walking in and she is sat beside me but she is not in a straight jacket. It’s the lady from the house, I know her voice. I am crying, I am crying because I want to kill her. "All rise," said a man sitting at the other side of the small plain room. I can't rise. I am really confused, I don't know why I am here. "We are here to find out the consequences of Berthas crime," said the man. Bertha must be the lady. Another man came up and he said “Bertha was trying to protect Jemma from going into a mental hospital and I do not blame her.” He then said “Jemma was hidden away so that nobody would know she was there and if something happened Jemma would not be able to tell on her.” A lady came over and started talking about what would be best for me. They talked on and on for hours. It was like one of those court cases on TV. I shall not bore you by talking about it all. I found out something unexpected. This lady was trying to protect me and she thought that this was the best way to do it. I found out that this women was my gran, my own gran keeping me captive.  Daniel found out about my gran keeping me and brought me here. It still does not make sense. Everything is so confusing. If my gran thinks starving me is looking after me then maybe she is the crazy one that should be sitting here.



© 2013 Amy Cowan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013


Author

Amy Cowan
Amy Cowan

United Kingdom



About
I am a student and musician. I play violin, guitar and sing mostly. I love reading and writing. I really haven't wrote much lately but hopefully shall soon!! more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Amy Cowan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Amy Cowan