First memory

First memory

A Chapter by Anamika

December 2, 2000

A very bad day but then almost all my days have been bad ever since I found out what I was. One of the undesirable, hah! How ironic. If only I could just be an undesirable, my life would have been so much easier, I am an Undesirable and an empath, beat that! I feel their pain which makes it so much worse. 

I don't remember the very beginning of how I came to be...  and no number of slaughters or what we call feedings in our world dulls this unpleasant feeling. 

I remember that first time it happened..

My first memories were flutter of leaves, I mean that is the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes, the leaves fluttering gently high above with a smattering of stars that added a faint glow around me. It was a forest. I have been dreaming about this forest ever since that first time. 

I stood there naked taking in my surroundings, everything seemed so new and so clear, one time Nina complained how I am able to read everything so clearly while she struggles with such a simple task, I guess not everyone have such good eyesight and night vision. Just one of the perks of being one of them.  

I don't remember what I was doing there as I don't have memories before that one night. All I remember was the blood.. Blood that no longer felt human, blood that no longer should be called blood, it's poison, that's what it is. I remember being disgusted by my own scent and wandering aimlessly around the forest trying to drown out the sounds. Everything was too loud and too bright I learnt later on, that ordinary ones are immune to this torture, to them its a quiet and peaceful night, for us, it was chaos.

I heard the water before I saw it and  dived straight into the deep end washing away the blood, my skin slowly emerging with every lap of the water, I was distracted by the beauty of my own reflection when I heard them, Humans, Ordinary, what we call them, they seemed so tempting, it was like my body was coming alive, and what was drawing me towards them was the most delicious smell in the world. Blood.

There were two of them, a male and a female, they were out camping. The female seemed overly happy about something, I could make out from the way she laughed and then I did something incredibly weird, I screamed for help in the most painful way possible, my voice shocked me, even through the distraught tone, it was so melodious. That seemed to have caught their attention as they both stood alert, slowly creeping towards my voice. Stupid move really. 

They both stood still as they kept looking at me, the male probably in mid 30's had mixed expression of disbelief and wonder while the female's eyes reflected curiosity and caution, how amazing these human expressions can be.. the male came towards me to help

The female said " be careful jack"

"Its ok honey" he responded said his eyes on me, I felt my body heating, my gaze lingering on every inch of his body, he was oddly appealing but I am biased our kind finds almost anyone with flesh and blood appealing. He caught my hand, his lips slowly curving up and that's when I did it.

I caught him by his throat, sinking in my claws in his jugular, feeling the blood rush out where my nails pierced next thing I know, the body was destroyed and his blood and pieces of flesh was all over my body  and I relished it, that's when I felt it, the women's anguish, fear it was like she was mentally stabbed and she ran,  I caught up with her, I felt the pain she felt, it bothered me so much, I couldn't take it longer, I killed her in second and all her pain vanished ..

I sunk down on ground, tears pouring down my face, I didn't know why were they coming. I stood and looked around the mess I had created, the woman lay lifeless near a tree and the man or what was left of him lay near the edge of the stream.

I couldn't take it, I felt remorse one of the many feelings I was unfamiliar with, I ran I don't know which direction I was going, all I knew was that I had to run away from this carnage I created.. 



© 2022 Anamika


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
After reading this several times I have to admit I like it a lot. It is nice to see things from alternative viewpoints. There are a couple of issues though. Grammar and spelling mainly. They can all be sorted out through editing. The only other thing is that I would have liked to have read more as an introduction. I would have liked to continue the story, and will, but would have liked a litttle more. Maybe I'm just greedy. The first chapter has left me wanting much more, as a good book should. What more could you ask for?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
After reading this several times I have to admit I like it a lot. It is nice to see things from alternative viewpoints. There are a couple of issues though. Grammar and spelling mainly. They can all be sorted out through editing. The only other thing is that I would have liked to have read more as an introduction. I would have liked to continue the story, and will, but would have liked a litttle more. Maybe I'm just greedy. The first chapter has left me wanting much more, as a good book should. What more could you ask for?

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 4, 2022


Author

Anamika
Anamika

panjim, India



Writing
Defiance Defiance

A Chapter by Anamika