The truth about depression

The truth about depression

A Chapter by ANAMIKA ROY
"

Hey, its okay. You're not alone. We've all been there. In your shoes. And we've come out of it

"

The truth about depression

 

One of my friend’s is called the GREAT-DEPRESSION. But by living with her, I know it’s not quite the term to be used. She doesn’t suffer from depression. She’s a product of insecurity, jealousy, always carping about everything in life.

People who whine about everything aren’t depressed.

I have seen depression.

People who suffer from depression do not wear a tag and you cannot tell them by their faces. Go see the quite faces, the smiling ones, the ones that are smiling or laughing too loud but it sounds fake. No, they aren’t fake people, they are just trying to gel in, to not reveal what they’re dealing with every day, every night.

There are times when you don’t want to face the world. There are times when eating lunch at 2pm is a a herculean task because all you want to do is curl up in your bed and sleep. Yes, you’re suffering.

There are times when you do not want to speak to anybody. Not your family, not your soulmate, not your best friend. And guess what? Its okay, because you’re suffering.

There are times when you’re lonely and you have been to the nearest cheap bar, all alone. Maybe you saw some familiar faces but didn’t strike up a conversation. You had two shots of old monk. Did they think you’re a lunatic? It doesn’t and shouldn’t matter because, yes, you’re suffering. At least you could sleep a goodnight’s sleep that night without all those disturbing thoughts coming to your mind.

Do not worry about getting worse. All these are your ways of healing. Trying to act normal when you’re not in your own space. Life gets hard sometimes and something unexpected happens.

We all plan our lives in a certain way, but everything doesn’t go as planned. Please do not be disheartened. Please tell yourselves, that you’re going to be alright because you actually will come out of it.

Nothing is more important than you. And you are enough. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Like everyone else, you have something unique in you that no one else has in them. You just need to explore yourself more and try to see yourself and value yourself for who you are. 

 



© 2017 ANAMIKA ROY


Author's Note

ANAMIKA ROY
Its my first time publishing something on an online forum. Hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

anamika,

It is decisions which herald the paths of great in human history, eventhough they are retold by writers often.

writer's job is to tag it for all

as above

excellant attempt indeed..............

whether first or not

carry on.........

mp

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ANAMIKA ROY

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the thumbs up :)



Reviews

"And you are enough. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Like everyone else, you have something unique in you that no one else has in them."

This is good piece and good for depression fighters like me. Depression has almost made me to insensitive and unable to display emotion. some think i am strong. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ANAMIKA ROY

6 Years Ago

Don't let it get to you because its not the end of the world. I will be sharing more pieces on self .. read more
anamika,

It is decisions which herald the paths of great in human history, eventhough they are retold by writers often.

writer's job is to tag it for all

as above

excellant attempt indeed..............

whether first or not

carry on.........

mp

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ANAMIKA ROY

6 Years Ago

Thank you for the thumbs up :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 2, 2017
Last Updated on October 2, 2017


Author

ANAMIKA ROY
ANAMIKA ROY

Kolkata, Lake Town, India



About
Hi everyone ! I'm a 20 year old young soul, trying to figure out what to do with my life. I dont want a mundane 8 to 9 job and want to live my life on my own terms. Any kind of constructive criticism.. more..

Writing