A Grave Regret

A Grave Regret

A Story by Lune
"

This is my interpretation of the saying "regret is stronger than gratitude" in the form of a short story. Hope you enjoy my writing.

"
I looked at you. Not at you but your eyes. They hold the universe. More than I could ever ask for. You are perfect, love. I took another glance at you and you looked up from your phone and at me. I smiled and you asked, "To what honour do I owe this beautiful smile of yours?"  Everything you say manages to melt my heart. "You're perfect in every single way, you know", I replied with a brighter smile than before. You said, "No way, you are far more perfect and beautiful than you think." I just hugged you while my mind ran wild with thoughts of you.

Now looking back, I should've told you every little thing that ran through my mind and maybe, this might not have been the reality I'm living in.

Regret does nothing however, does it? 'People receive more flowers when they're dead rather than alive as regret is stronger than gratitude'. That, put simply, is the truth. I sighed, there was no point in thinking like this here. I did what I had come to do.

As I got back in my car to leave, a tear flowed down my cheek followed by many others until it morphed into sobs of pain as I looked at all the flowers laying beautifully around you.

© 2024 Lune


Author's Note

Lune
Suggestions and criticism is very appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on April 25, 2024
Last Updated on April 25, 2024
Tags: romance, bad times, sadness, past, regret, love, feelings

Author

Lune
Lune

India



About
I am a young writer who finds solitude in writing and I'm exploring multiple different genres at the moment so my writing style still varies. Hope you enjoy my writing. more..

Writing
The End. The End.

A Story by Lune


Happiness Happiness

A Poem by Lune