Wishes

Wishes

A Poem by Andi

I wish you would just tell me that you loved me, just hold my hand and kiss me. Please don't stand so far away. Whisper in my ear and tell me how much you care, and let me show you how much I wish that you will always be here. Stand next to me and I promise, I will always come home to you. Just swear to me one thing, swear to me you will never lie, don't tell me you love me if you don't. How would I start my heart beating again if you lied? How could I put my heart back together? Would you give it back, or would I have to take it, would you give it back to me in peices? Just promise to never let go of me, and you will keep my heart whole and beating.

I can't keep this up for very much longer. I keep standing here, watching you leave, and it's killing me. Killing me that I can't run to you and hold on to you for hours. It's killing me to not be able to hold your hand and have you kiss my cheek. I don't know how you can't see that I love you. I actually think you can, but what I don't understand is why you can't tell me yes or no. I can't stay away from you, I need you to breathe. And yet, everytime you walk away, I realize you still haven't said anything. No yes or no. Just me waiting and you walking away. How long can we keep this up? How long until we turn this into love? How much longer do I have to wait alone without you?

I'm done waiting, I'm done wishing. You are right here in front of me, I am not going to wait any longer. 

© 2012 Andi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on June 3, 2012
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

Author

Andi
Andi

Hyde Park, NY



Writing
How To Fly How To Fly

A Poem by Andi


That One That One

A Poem by Andi


Every Last Hope Every Last Hope

A Poem by Andi