Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by ANDY_K1TT3N

Zuri...
The healer woman, Tillia guided me to a set of room much larger than my own had been. She said it was all mine but I'd no doubt have to downsize. 
"Would you like us to draw a bath for you?" My ears twitched back as she spoke. I'd been standing in the center of the room for almost ten minutes now with my tail down. Everything was so new and bright. Even the sky was bright. 
"Yes." I said a bit awkwardly as I sat on the edge of the bed. Tillia smiled heading to what looked like a bathing chamber. I held out my hands in front of me. They seemed so pale now compared to what they'd looked like on Apathea. Tillia came back out of the bathrooms and went to searching through drawers.
 "I don't know about pants but we had shirts that would fit you. I'll have to find some underthings while your in the bath." She made a shooing motion towards the bathing chamber.

 I stood on my damned thin legs and it took me a minute but i made it.  Tillia turned while i undressed. Sticking my foot in the water I felt its warm temperature before sliding down in to the tub.  I groaned a bit as the heat surrounded my body. 
All of my muscles had been tense since I'd landed on the planet but it was peaceful sitting here. Tillia held up two bottles of soap, 
"Is it ok if i wash your hair?" I nodded moving my back against the rim. She poured some of it over my head before her fingers began working through the matted and messy hair. I felt a small smile form as she worked out the knots and got out all of the caked dirt. "I'll let you rinse your hair and finish up. The clothes will be on your bed when you finish." I thanked her before she left. Then leaning forward I dunked my head under the water.

                                                         -   -   -   -   -   -

Walking through my rooms i searched the drawers and cabinets. The only thing i found was a bar of soap that looked like it had been sitting in a cabinet linger than I'd been alive. Tillia found me when i was attempting to make curtains out of the sheets.
 "If you need some curtains I can go find some." I sat the linens back on the bed.
 "It's so bright." She nodded in understanding. "These people stay out during the day and some of us stay awake with them. The rest sleep until dusk then sleep through the night." They were all servants to these princes then.
 "I can tell the prince that you wish to sleep until dusk if you want me to." I moved to the dresser now filled with silk shirts and trousers. 

"Yes, that would be great. I feel like i could sleep for days." Tillia smiled as a woman walked in with a tray of food. She sat the tray on the small table in the corner of my room. "You're probably starving. Mind if i eat with you?" I shook my head moving to the chair across from hers. TIllia filled her plate with meat, beans, and bread.
 I hesitantly picked up a roll and sniffed it. There wasn't a tang of herbs so I sat it on my plate. Half of the tray soon followed it. I was in the middle of chewing through some seasoned venison when Tillia chuckled.  

"How long has it been since you've eaten?" I shrugged not being able to recall. Her smiling expression faltered for all of a second. "What happened to your wrists?" Tillia reached for my hand but i snatched it away.
 Swallowing my food I spoke, "There were men that found me after I landed here.I'd rather not talk about what happened." Her face looked pallid but she stopped reaching for me. Instead she continued with her meal. 
Images of the men that had found me flooded through my mind. Flynn had dragged me across tree roots and dirt by my wrists. As I thought about it I felt bile rising. I finished with my plate and TIllia stood taking the entire tray to a woman who looked like she could barely carry it. When Tillia turned to me the woman barely caught a roll that fell.  "Ask for someone to get me if you need anything." 

 For some reason I didn't think that Tillia was the one I'd need to get help from. She and the woman both turned down the hall as she let the door fall shut behind her.  


© 2020 ANDY_K1TT3N


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10 Views
Added on August 21, 2020
Last Updated on August 21, 2020


Author

ANDY_K1TT3N
ANDY_K1TT3N

About
I'm only 15 but i've gotten a few books started that i'd love to eventually publish. Some friends would be nice and any comments would be great too. I'm new so go easy on me.. (; I writ.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by ANDY_K1TT3N


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by ANDY_K1TT3N