Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Invading The Martians

Chapter One

On starry nights some people wish upon the billions of stars. Others admire them and try to guess the number of stars not believing the number for the amount of them doesn't exist. Some even search the heavens looking for the slightest thing out of the ordinary to report as unrealistic alien sighting. But then there is that small hand full of people that that actually SEE the stars. Those people that look at them and don’t just see dots of light far off in the distance. The small amount of people that look into the dark night and see beauty, they see hope and joy and light. They see happiness awaiting their arrival. Rosalinda is one of those people. According to Rosalinda’s mother she has loved the stars since birth. The first thing Rosalinda saw (other than of course her mother and father) was the stars. At her home schooling classes Rosie would persuade her tutor to talk more of the stars and planets in science class. If her career could have been something she could choose she would be an astrologist, so that studying the stars radiant light was a normal everyday thing. But she couldn't. She couldn't pick her career; she couldn't ever be an astrologist. Heck, she couldn't even go to college to major in astrophysics. She couldn't do any of that because she had a country to rule. She was the princess of Spain. Yup she is a princess, and a stereotypical one at that. She wears large dresses with petticoats underneath them and walking in heels was an everyday thing. She had never worn a sneaker in her life and NEVER EVER played anything that could possibly make her sweat. She learned how to tango at 7 and waltz at 10 years of age. She speaks like she’s from the 1800’s and listens to Mozart as a hobby. She mastered Violin when she was the mere age of five years old and was expected to be engaged at 13. Fortunately for her, her mother changed the tradition to engaged by 17 and married by 18. Still quite young but Rosalinda grew up thinking it as a normal age to be promised to. Rosie knew nothing of the way people lived outside her castle, which was also pretty stereotypical. A north, south, east, and west tower we on the top floor, while the rest of the 43 floors below held different purposes. Her favorite floors were the 15th floor and the 36th floor. On the 15th floor there were only 2 rooms; the library which Rosalinda spent the majority of her time in and the bakery. The castle bakery had the best pastries of all time. From the praise worthy cannolis’ to the heavenly chocolate flan. On the 36th floor there were animal habitats. In one room there are brilliant Hyacinth Macaws and hummingbirds belching out high-pitched tunes. In another there were monkeys and gorillas swing high in the plastic trees. There was only one animal the castle owned that didn't stay on this floor and that was the horses. In the K-9 room, the window opposite the door you could see the stables and meadow perfectly. The horses raced and jumped around the medium size track they owned, their mane blowing in the breeze. Rosie loved the horses and horse-back riding was the only thing she was allowed to do that didn't involve a dress. She loved all the horses of course but her favorite was starlight. Starlight was a beautiful white horse with a dark brown mane. Starlight and Rosie grew up together, starlight being a young fowl when Rosie was 6. Rosie loved starlight and just knew that starlight loved her back.

The moon was rising and sun bowing down behind the large hills. Rosie knew this time of day as dinner. She climbed up from her large queen sized bed and made her way to the large bulkhead door that locked her away from everyone else in the castle. “You must have extra protection, Rosalinda. You are the next heir to the throne.” Her mother would say. She wished to have a normal wooden door like the ladies-in-waiting do. As she made her way down the large marvel staircase that lead to the dining room, she looked around a corner and there stood a person she never expected to be there.

 



© 2014 Invading The Martians


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The night sky can be so romantic. I like the idea of a princess discovering her world. There are a very things to help the story along. If she is a princess why does she have 'plastic' trees for the monkeys? Everything should be the best for a princess. She should have real trees - maybe in a fenced in veranda. Another thing writers must do is write in New Times Roman font and in 12 point. This makes it easier on the eyes for all people.
But over all I like where your story is going. Can't wait to read more.
Hayley

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014
Tags: love, spain, romeo, Juliet, princess, villager


Author

Invading The Martians
Invading The Martians

CT



About
I love to write and read. I enjoy the ideas of vampires and werewolves and other supernatural creatures. I also enjoy fashion and soccer. more..

Writing