GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS

GERRY AND THE PACEMAKERS

A Story by angel
"

What kind of pacemakers...

"
I was replying to something a few minutes ago, and I mentioned Gerry and the Pacemakers. 
Now, those who know me realize that I have a crazy, odd brain that likes to take off on a tangent from time to...well, before THAT happens again, let me finish this.
I used to think that the Pacemakers, in this instance, referred to, for lack of a better word,trendsetters.
Now that I have advanced into senior citizenship, though, I wonder.
Really, for the past half hour or so, I have wondered.
Gerry Marsden,  the Gerry who was (and still is) the frontman of the Pacemakers, was older than I by more than a decade, being friend and colleague of John Lennon, must now be within sight of eighty. 
Could the connotation of the name Pacemakers now have changed? Could one or more of the 'boys' in the band now be sporting one?
All I know, is that I am impressed that they, like Paul and Ringo, are still musically active.
I'm the one writing this, and as far as your music goes, I like it. If you're ever in the States, stop by. We'll enjoy some jambalaya together.
Gerry, if you're reading this, won't you tell me, how do you do it? Also, do you remember my friend, Neville? No doubt you remember John, my other friend...
Now that you've grown, well, more mature, let us say, do you ever ferry cross the Mersey anymore? I hope so. I know you're so beloved by many that you'll never walk alone. Don't let the sun catch you crying.

© 2018 angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

love it i love poems that use quotes of music i have written a few myself like that
superb write by the way enjoyed it,
love their music too

Posted 5 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

529 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2018
Last Updated on September 15, 2018

Author

angel
angel

StaffordSprings, CT



About
age 65 sex f writing since age 25, now a 65 year old who is wheelchair bound, but has lived a rich, full life and has a lot to THAY.Fans of John Irving's THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP should get that.. more..

Writing
YOUNG AT HEART YOUNG AT HEART

A Poem by angel


TIME AFTER TIIME TIME AFTER TIIME

A Story by angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Am I Am

A Poem by KWP